At MMM Group, we are passionate about making a difference in communities through delivering innovative solutions that promote economic, social, and ecological viability. Our employees improve and transform neighbourhoods across Canada and around the world, delivering diverse and sustainable solutions that become a reality through their project contributions.
We are valued and trusted by our clients and partners because of our commitment to deliver outstanding work and customer service every single day. Our employees are the reason behind our success, and we strongly believe in providing the resources, opportunities, training, and guidance needed to help them reach their full potential.
Take the next step in your career and join a great employer – one that provides an exceptional and dynamic work environment that motivates, and encourages teamwork, initiative, and creativity. With us, you will have continuous opportunities for professional growth and development, along with the opportunity to work on award-winning projects alongside highly-respected individuals who are authorities in their fields; you will have an opportunity to make a difference.
MMM Group is currently seeking a Landscape Architect to join our Landscape Architecture department located at our Thornhill office. In this position, you will work within a highly skilled and integrated team assisting with the completion of planning, designing and construction services for a wide variety of high profile landscape architectural projects. This position will be responsible for preparation of schematic illustrations detail design coordination, contract document preparation, construction detailing, cost estimating and presentation of design work to the public, project stakeholder groups and our clients.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Schematic and Detailed Landscape Architectural Design;
- Project Management responsibilities including preparation of contract documents, tender and contract administration services including inspection and construction management for total project involvement;
- Assisting with proposal preparation, attending meetings;
- Liaise and interact with internal departments and clients;
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience;
- Certified full member of the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects (OALA);
- University degree in Landscape Architecture (BLA or MLA) preferred;
- Certified Arborist with the Society of Arboriculture (ISA) is an asset;
- Superior design and technical knowledge are required, with an understanding of the Landscape Architect’s role in a consulting environment;
- Understanding of project development, design development and contract and proposal preparation;
- Construction documentation experience would be an advantage;
- Proficient hand drafting and CAD skills along with presentation and communication skills;
- Excellent communication both written and verbal is a requirement;
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently as part of a team, a strong desire to take part in finding creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound;
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle is preferred for site/project meetings and inspections;
Please note that all offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
To learn more about this position, our firm and the projects we have been involved in, or to apply to this position, please visit our website: www.mmm.ca. Be sure to include a list of relevant projects that would be pertinent to this position. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, we strongly encourage applicants to submit their resume online.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. MMM Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates applying for this role must be legally able to work in Canada for any employer.