Energy Engineer, Building Technologies
The world is looking for answers that last. And they start here.
For the last 100 years, Siemens has been here in Canada, providing great employment opportunities to highly-motivated people. It's our tradition to promote excellent work, develop talent, and recognize success.
Siemens continues to maintain its status as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, as well as being recognized as one of the top 50 Most Engaged Employers in Canada.
Our 4,400 employees in Canada develop and manufacture products, design and install complex systems and projects, and tailor a wide range of solutions for individual requirements. We stand for technical achievement, innovation, quality, and reliability.
Reporting to the Sales Manager of Energy & Environmental Services, the Energy Engineer will develop building energy performance-contract offerings by analyzing building energy consumption and developing facility improvement and energy savings measures.
- Conduct site visits to commercial and industrial facilities
- Analyze Utility Bill information to determine baseline energy consumption, complete benchmark analysis of facilities, and conduct rate structure analysis.
- Conduct preliminary and detailed site energy audits to collect building information to assist with development of facility improvement measures (FIMS).
- Assess current conditions on site through building audits and review of electrical, mechanical and controls drawings.
- Analyze energy consumptions and preliminary audit information to produce end-use building analysis, identify opportunities for energy conservation and recommend technical solutions.
- Develop facility improvement measures including calculation of costs and energy savings related to specific initiatives.
- Assist sales and operations in development of preliminary and detailed proposals.
- Communicate new energy technologies to operations and sales staff.
- Investigate and report available incentives related to energy measures.