Imagine being rewarded with exciting career opportunities, competitive compensation and working alongside the industry's best and brightest talent. Let your aspirations become a reality at Revera.
Revera is a leading provider of seniors' accommodation, care and services; built on a 50-year history of helping seniors live life to the fullest. Our nearly 30,000 dedicated employees continually strive to serve a diverse group of clients and to offer choices to meet their individual preferences. With 258 sites across Canada and parts of the U.S., we work to enhance lives in our retirement communities, long term care homes, U.S. nursing and rehab centres and through the provision of home health services.
Canadian-owned and operated, Revera serves approximately 30,000 clients every day, with the core values of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence at the heart of our business.
Find out more about Revera at www.reveraliving.com.
Reporting to the Director of Care (DOC), the Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible to provide direct resident care and medication administration and document care in compliance with regulatory and Revera Resident Health and Wellness standards and policies and procedures.
Location of Position and Contact Information:
Columbia Forest Long Term Care Centre
650 Mountain Maple Ave.
Job Type: Full-time, Pernanent
Wage Range: from $27.51 to $41.65 per hour
Eligible for full benefits including: medical and dental coverage
- To complete and ensure residents' care assessments, service plans and documentation are up to date and changes communicated to DHW/DOC for billings;
- To assist with scheduling of residents' care conferences and participate in conferences;
- To work closely with DHW/DOC to facilitate residents' move in and transfers;
- To order and safe keep drugs and narcotics and administer in compliance with all regulatory requirements and Revera policies and procedures;
- To facilitate and provide resident/family education ;
- To supervise resident self medication assessment and audits;
- To supervise and delegate care and medication administration responsibilities to Unregulated Care Providers in compliance with applicable regulations and Revera policy and procedures;
- To plan, coordinate, manage and evaluate the resident's care plan working with the resident/substitute decision maker, physicians, nursing and interdisciplinary team and contracted service providers
- To coordinate nursing team's resident care assignments to ensure efficient and timely delivery of services to residents;
- To respond to and manage significant changes in residents' condition and or medical emergencies;
- To act as supervisor and coordinate emergency response in absence of DHW/DOC and Executive Directors ;
- To respond to resident/family concerns and ensure appropriate action taken and or concern communicated to DHW/DOC/Executive Director and other departments ;
- To assist the DHW/DOC in the coordination, implementation and monitoring of Infection Prevention and Control , Health and Safety and Clinical Programs and Quality Plans for the Nursing Department ;
- To coordinate and supervise the scheduling and assignment of nursing students from approved education institutions;
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct ;
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse in applicable Province/State
- Experience working with seniors and unregulated care providers
- Education and experience in gerontology, rehabilitation, community/complex/long term care an asset
- Must possess strong written and oral communication, critical thinking, care coordination, time management and customer focus skills
- Must have demonstrated sound clinical knowledge and ability to delegate to unregulated care providers
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification required
- Skills in use of computer and Microsoft Office applications
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
||Long Term Care |
||Full Time |