Reference Number: 33154
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the Instrumentation Technician is responsible for providing active leadership with respect to our "Journey to Zero" safety standard.
- Perform specific diagnostic and repair activities to various monitoring and control equipment in the field to include analytical systems
- Assist in maintaining complete and accurate records associated with the technical and preventative aspects of this position
- Participate in failure analysis discussions.
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals
Education and Experience:
- Valid Inter-provincial (Red Seal) or an Alberta certified Instrumentation journeyman certificate
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma(GED) is a preferred qualification
- Valid driver's license
- Extensive experience working with analytic equipment is an asset and there may be opportunities for individuals to specialize in this area
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, technical, and communication skills
- Familiar with computerized maintenance management systems
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Work well with engineering groups and in a production environment
- Sound understanding of maintenance/operations as it relates to the safe and efficient production of bitumen
- Able to perform work in a variety of different environments both indoor and outdoor
- Bus Transportation is provided from Fort McMurray to Suncor Site
- Shift schedule varies depending on position
- Position is located in Fort McMurray
- Relocation is required
Go ahead. Expect big. At Suncor, you will work with some of the biggest equipment on the planet, or with some of the top technology around. We'll provide great salary and benefits and offer training to develop your skills.
At the end of the day, you'll take pride in seeing what you and your team have accomplished. But don't just take our word for it. Go ahead. Find out why your peers chose Suncor »
ABOUT FORT MCMURRAY
Fort McMurray is a northern Canadian city rich in resources and cultural diversity nestled in the Boreal Forest in Wood Buffalo. Explore what Fort McMurray has to offer - from its stunning natural environment and multicultural community, to its quiet neighbourhoods.
Find out more about living and working in Fort McMurray at goaheadfortmac.com »
Suncor Energy combines a leading position in oil sands with complementary operations in refining and marketing, North American natural gas production and conventional oil production internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
Our use of innovative technology has made us an industry leader in the energy business - and with a strong strategy for growth, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to apply and build on your skills. We're also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities where we operate - including yours.
As an employer, Suncor is one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people are rewarded for their work. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of newcomers and experienced professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise from all parts of Canada.
Learn more about why our employees choose Suncor »
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity? Follow Suncor on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.Apply Now