| || Senior Project Schedulers |
1 Year +
|Government Agency client requires the services of 2 Project Schedulers to develop and maintain project schedules, assist project management professionals with project scheduling and synchronization tasks, provide administrative and technical support to the project team, communicate with the team on all administrative matters related to the project, and document and maintain project updates. |
Role and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Develop and maintain Work Breakdown Structures (WBS);
- Develop and support project schedules;
- Develop and maintain a detailed project schedule which includes administrative tasks and all sites involved in the project. The detailed schedule will include all project phases and dependencies;
- Take input from the project stakeholders in order to develop and maintain the detailed project schedule;
- Conduct and provide critical path analysis; identify, monitor and report on projects' critical path and milestone tasks;
- Assist in schedule co-ordination efforts with internal and external project stakeholders;
- Produce appropriate reports and identify scheduling and/or dependency issues;
- Maintain and update relevant project information in manual and/or electronic files; project information might include such things as project activity schedule, status reports, correspondence;
- Communicate with project management and data processing professionals, technical users and end users on administrative matters related to the project;
- Participate in team meetings; coordinate meetings, including travel arrangements and expense reports.
- Maintain Project Managersâ?T calendars;
- Compile summary documents, e.g. Product Development Plan, Management Summary and Target Product Profile. Collect and include contributions of the Team.
- Prepare and/or edit meeting minutes, presentations and tables;
- Ensure the effective preparation and delivery of all project events and meetings and production of all necessary documentation;
Asset Requirements include;
- A minimum of 7 yearsâ?T experience within the last 12 years, working as a Project Scheduler involving Information Technology (IT) systems projects in a large IT environment. A large IT environment has; 50 or more project personnel and projects valued at $5M or more.
- Experience as a Project Scheduler in an IT environment on at least 2 multi-stakeholder project teams. The projects must have been at least 1 year in duration and experience on the project must have been at least 6 months.
- A minimum of 7 yearsâ?T experience within the last 12 years, working with MS Project and Office Suite.
- A valid PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) certification.
- Recent (within last 10 years) experience working with and applying the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) processes and methodologies.
- Project experience in the role of a Project Scheduler, where the organization was migrating from legacy systems to new Enterprise Integrated Architecture systems. For project experience to qualify, you must have been on the project for a minimum duration of 6 months within the last 10 years.
| || Apply Online 20140407.4 |
| || |
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
excelITR is one of the fastest growing IT contracting firms in the Nation's Capital. Since 1989, excelITR has been locating technology professionals for contract and permanent positions in the areas of Project Management, Software and Web Development, Business Analysis, and Network Administration and Support.