| || Writers |
One to Two weeks
|Excellent opportunities for 2 writers, full time, on site for 7 and 9 months. This is a dynamic and exciting team of IT Professionals working at the forefront of innovative technologies. These are not technical writer roles. |
A number of government-wide initiatives in the area of IT and IM have been identified for implementation at Health Canada (HC) and the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) to improve its infrastructure and services offered to employees. Considering the magnitude of the cultural change management these initiatives represent to HC and PHAC, the Information Management Services Directorate (IMSD) requires resources to support in the development of communication products for two HC and PHAC projects, Windows 7 OS Upgrade and the Email Transformation Initiative (ETI).
Role and Responsibilities
Duties will include but not be limited to the following activities:
- IMSD requires 2 Internal Communications Writers to support in the development of communication products for these two projects.
- Tasks will include working with and providing advice to project teams, develop products identified in the Communications Strategy, support any project communications needs and ensure communications products are approved and published on time.
â?¢ Research and seek input from project teams affected for the development of communications products;
â?¢ Write and develop communications products for the implementation of Project Communication Plan, including but not limited to senior management messages, emails, and presentations;
â?¢ Provide strategic communications advice and guidance to the project teams;
â?¢ Develop project briefing notes or presentation decks for senior management on project status or issues;
â?¢ Work with the Directorate and Departmental Communications teams to ensure the Departmental Intranet site has up to date information with respect to ETI for employees
â?¢ Provide other project communications writing support as required.
The following deliverables are required to be provided electronically using Health Canadaâ?Ts Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Project templates:
â?¢ Presentation decks for project stakeholders such as Branch Executive Committees, Branch Working Groups;
â?¢ Presentation templates and decks for project reporting for senior management;
â?¢ Project documents;
â?¢ Project team and working group meeting minutes.
Qualifications and Experience
The Proposed resources should have experience writing and developing internal communications strategies involving varying target audiences in a department or organization of over 1000 employees, within the last 5 years.
- Each of the proposed resources must have at least ten (10) years of experience providing writing services. This experience must be clearly articulated in the resourcesâ?T curriculum vitae
- The Proposed candidates must have two (2) years of experience, in the last four (4) years in providing strategic communications advice to senior management **For the purpose of M2, Senior Management is defined as Executive Director Level, or equivalent, and above.
- The Proposed candidates must have two (2) years of experience, in the last four (4) years in writing internal communications products. (i.e. Background information documents, briefing decks, fact sheets, communications plans etc.)
- The Proposed candidates must have two (2) years of experience, in the last four (4) years in writing and developing internal communications strategies
The Proposed candidates should have experience writing communication messages delivered from senior management within the last 7 years.
The Proposed resources should have experience developing communications for projects impacting greater than 5000+ end users including communications to end users
The Proposed resources have successfully completed Certificate, diploma, or degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, in a relevant field
If you have all of the above qualifications, please send your resume reflecting how you meet the mandatory and rated requirements. Thank you!
| || Apply Online 20140408.19 |
| || |
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
altis Professional is recognized for its leadership and innovation within the staffing industry. We place experienced senior professionals in permanent and contract positions within the areas of Audit and Finance, Communications, Human Resources, Information Technology, Procurement and Scientific Fields. We are your career network.