Reference Number: 33141
Reporting to the Health Center Lead, the Health Advisor will be responsible for providing a comprehensive array of occupational health services, including but not limited to, disability management, preventive education for both occupational and non-occupational injuries/illness and health surveillance follow up.
- Provide expertise to all stakeholders on Suncor's Integrated Disability Management Program
- Facilitate and coordinate medical services to optimize outcomes for the employee and company
- Advise and assist in the implementation of Suncor's policies and procedures
- Enhance quality improvement disability management strategies
- Interface with diverse internal and external groups in order to interpret and collate complex medical information
- Anticipate, identify and provide solutions to potential health problems of individuals and groups
- Provide a balance between employee advocacy and company/union objectives while ensuring confidentiality of medical illness/injury specific information
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals
Education and Experience:
- Applicants must be registered with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA)
- An Occupational Health Nurse Certificate/Diploma or a combination of equivalent education and experience is an asset
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is desirable
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as proven experience demonstrating creativity, initiative, critical thinking and sound judgment
- Ability to work independently or as a member of the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must be efficient in time management and prioritizing work
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft office) and abilities in medical management systems (Medgate)
- Knowledge of current occupational health practices
Go ahead. Expect success. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn, grow and challenge yourself. Contract positions offer varied project opportunities and can lead to permanent, full-time employment status.
Wondering if you and Suncor are the right fit? Hear what people at Suncor have to say about working here. Go ahead. Hear what Suncor employee Brett Regier has to say about working here »
ABOUT FORT MCMURRAY
Fort McMurray is a northern Canadian city rich in resources and cultural diversity nestled in the Boreal Forest in Wood Buffalo. Explore what Fort McMurray has to offer - from its stunning natural environment and multicultural community, to its quiet neighbourhoods.
Find out more about living and working in Fort McMurray at goaheadfortmac.com »
Suncor Energy is a sustainably operated Canadian integrated energy company. Our company combines a leading position in oil sands with complementary operations in refining and marketing, North American natural gas production and conventional oil production internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
At Suncor, we operate our businesses reliably and efficiently with an emphasis on employee safety and a number of initiatives aimed at ensuring a safe and healthy environment. Suncor is also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities where we operate - including yours.
Our use of innovative technology has made us an industry leader in the energy business - and with a strong strategy for growth, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to continue building your career.As an employer, Suncor is one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people thrive. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of newcomers and experienced professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise from all parts of Canada.
Learn more about why our employees choose Suncor »
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity? Follow Suncor on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.Apply Now