| || Policy Analyst |
Ottawa Centre - Tunney's Pasture
Two weeks +
950 hours to March 31 2015
|Our federal government client seeks a seasoned Strategic Policy Analysts with expertise in the scientific/health portfolio. This is a part time contract for about 20 hours per week, 950 hours from contract award to March 31 2015. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a dynamic and astute team of professionals. |
Role and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) has an immediate need for an advanced special advisor resource to provide support to the Director, Programs and Partnerships Division, as chair of the Federal Initiative to Address HIV/AIDS in Canadaâ?Ts (Federal Initiative) Governance Committee, for the development, and drafting of the Federal Initiativeâ?Ts 5-year strategic plan.
- The Senior Advisor would lead a strategic planning exercise and produce the 5-year strategic plan to ensure that the Government of Canadaâ?Ts activities effectively respond to commitments to prevent and control HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted and blood borne infections.
- To undertake these tasks, the resource must conduct analysis and develop materials to lead the Federal Initiativeâ?Ts Governance Committee through a strategic planning exercise, resulting in a strategic plan that will reflect the four department and agenciesâ?T joint priorities.
- Strategic policy analysis and support:
- Plans and conducts research, environmental scans, policy review and key informant interviews with the members of the governance committee to support strategic planning.
- Works individually and as a member of a team to support a range of decision documents; including briefings and documents to support discussions.
- Plans, organizes and leads strategic planning meetings with governance committee.
- Prepares communication materials (agendas, minutes, presentations, reports, discussion documents, briefings).
- Liaises with internal stakeholders, exercising sound judgment as to when and how to respond to issues and concerns.
- Reviewing and providing advice on the programâ?Ts performance measurement strategy, the performance measurement framework and the development of key indicators to support alignment with strategic plan
Please call Barb if you score well on the rated criteria listed above and send your most recent resume in Word. 230-5350 ext. 237
- Education â?" The proposed resource must have a University Degree from a recognized postsecondary institution in Public Administration, Economics or relevant field of study.
- Point-Rated criteriaBidders must obtain the minimum value for each of the point-rated criteria below. Proposals not meeting each minimum value per point-rated criteria will not be given further consideration.
- R1 6 points for every project* within the last 10 years providing strategic policy related briefings, advice and recommendations to federal government senior managers (EX-01 or higher) Max: 90, Min: 30
- R2 6 points for every project* within the last 10 years in planning and conducting research, environmental scans, policy reviews to support decision making on complex or horizontal policy initiatives (involving multiple departments). An additional 20 points total will be allocated for any project(s) focused on health related initiatives. Max 100, Min: 60
- R3 6 points for every project* within the last 10 years demonstrating experience working with people and providing direction on multi-sectoral or interdisciplinary focused policy initiatives. Max: 60, Min: 42
- R4 6 points for every project* in the last 10 years demonstrating experience in writing strategic plans and other high-level planning documents for the purposes of setting clear directions and identifying targets. Max: 60, Min: 42
- R5 6 points per project* in the last 10 years providing guidance and information for the development of federal government planning, reporting and performance measurement documents such as Performance Measurement Strategies, Integrated Operational Plans, Reports on Plans and Priorities, and/ or other Departmental Performance Reports. Max: 30, Min: 18
- R6 6 point per project* in the last 10 years demonstrating experience reviewing scientific health documents (eg. Surveillance reports, research findings) to determine their impact on policy and programming development. Max; 60, Min: 42
- *For each project, please provide a reference contact along with the following:a) title of project(s), location (city, country);b) a brief description of the project scope; cost and schedule; andc) dates of participation in the project.
| || Apply Online 20140417.30 |
| || |
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
altis Professional is recognized for its leadership and innovation within the staffing industry. We place experienced senior professionals in permanent and contract positions within the areas of Audit and Finance, Communications, Human Resources, Information Technology, Procurement and Scientific Fields. We are your career network.