Associate Project Manager / Technician, Building Technologies-008901
Associate Project Manager, Building Technologies
The world is looking for answers that last. And they start here.
For the last 100 years, Siemens has been here in Canada, providing great employment opportunities to highly-motivated people. It's our tradition to promote excellent work, develop talent, and recognize success.
Siemens is proud to be one of the Top50 Most Engaged Workplaces in Canada, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers.
Our 4,500 employees in Canada develop and manufacture products, design and install complex systems and projects, and tailor a wide range of solutions for individual requirements. We stand for technical achievement, innovation, quality, and reliability.
Reporting to the Manager, Operations and Solutions, the Associate Project Execution will organize, supervise and participate in Building Automation construction projects according to schedule, specifications and budget.
- Participate with the project team in insuring that projects are completed in accordance with contract requirements.
- Read and analyze contracts proposals, project plans, specifications and other documentation to determine scope and execution requirements.
- Inspect project sites and work environments to assure quality execution methods and safety.
- Review the preparation of design detail installation drawings, technical literature and operating instructions for submission to the customer and/or the customers' authorized representative.
- Forecast labour and material requirements for assignments.
- Coordinate projects with regard to time and budget constraints.
- Notify and present change order proposals to the customer.
- Protect the company's assets by proactively implementing legitimate claim management.
- Provide regular project status reports to management.
- Participate in job site final walk-through and complete and/or direct all job closeout documentation.
- Keep design documents current throughout the duration of the project and direct the preparation of as-built record drawings and documents.
- Conduct sales to operations turnover meetings to ensure understanding of project scope and customer commitments by the project execution team.
- College degree in building mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of three (3) years experience as a Field Technician with supervision responsibilities
- Experience of construction practices, systems engineering, operations fundamentals, contracting and general business operations
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- Understanding of project accounting and financial management tools
Customer focus and ability to maintain good relationships
Strong knowledge of English language (verbal and written)
Knowledge of French language (verbal and written), an asset
Computer proficiency with MS Office and MS Project, preferred
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay, great benefits, and a global network offering real opportunity for growth and advancement. If you are ready to make the right move, we invite you to join us and apply online at www.siemens.ca/careers
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.