About Black & McDonald
In 1921, William J. McDonald and William R. Black formed Black
& McDonald Limited, a partnership to engage in residential wiring.
Throughout the years, Black & McDonald has remained a family owned
business with an uncompromising commitment to the founder's
principles of delivery as promised and fairness to all.
For over 90 years, the company has followed a planned course of
diversification and expansion, combining growth and financial stability
with ongoing investment in our people, and a willingness to pioneer new business opportunities and directions.
Black & McDonald remains a privately owned Canadian company, an
integrated, multi-trade prime contractor serving government, institutions, industry and commerce across Canada, the US and overseas. The company has over 4,000 employees working out of a network of more than 25 offices.
Services now range from multi-million dollar construction projects to
extensive facility management and operations contracts, to planned
maintenance agreements and emergency services.
Known as a reliable and flexible contractor, Black & McDonald operates with integrity and loyalty to our employees, customers, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
We will remain an innovative leader in our evolving domestic and global markets - proud of our past, advanced in our capabilities, and driven to deserve our reputation.
Black & McDonald Limited is actively seeking a Project Manager located in Calgary, AB office to provide overall direction for industrial projects. Emphasis is placed on estimating, cost management, scheduling, quality, project controls and overall project status. It is essential they establish and maintain excellent relationships with clients, field consruction team and subcontractors. This position has significant growth potential.
- Manage and provide leadership for safety, environment, and quality programs and policies
- In conjunction with the Department Manager, and/or Division Manager establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications
- Assume responsibility for work outcomes and results of other workers
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates as required
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to direct report
- Review work/contracts/WIP for areas of risk and correct deficiencies
- Technical diploma or engineering/business degree, and/or equivalent trade experience and knowledge
- Minimum 5 years Project Management Experience
- Minimum 10 years industrial construction experience
- Estimating experience considered an assest
- Contract Management
- Blue print reading and project/structural design interpretation
How to Apply:
Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls or agencies, please. Internal candidates, advise your supervisor prior to applying.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!