L-3 Electronic System Services (L-3 ESS), a division of L-3 Aviation Products (AP) sector, is an internationally recognized supplier of integrated logistics and system support services providing OEM and third party MRO for a variety of avionics, inertial navigation systems, radars, cockpit displays and other systems. As an aftermarket services provider we provide integrated and performance based logistics support, logistics management, supply chain management and technical solutions for air, land and naval platforms for both defense and commercial applications. With facilities in Halifax, Toronto, Trenton, Florida and support staff in Ottawa, L-3 ESS employs approximately 300 highly skilled and experienced personnel, including logisticians, engineers, technologists and technicians. We are seeking a motivated individual to fill the following position in our Halifax facility:
Senior Systems Engineer - Project Engineer
Your primary role for this position will be to lead the software support of a highly integrated suite of avionics software and also be responsible for the following duties:
- Participating in the leadership and management on systems/software engineering programs.
- Introducing industry best practices for complex software systems across multiple OEMs.
- Producing plans, schedules and other planning documentation in support of systems/software engineering programs.
- Optimizing the transition of systems/software engineering programs from proposal to implementation.
- Interfacing with customers to provide optimum systems supportability solutions.
- Providing briefings to management and customers on progress and issues.
- Providing support to systems/software engineering program proposal activities
Ideally you have at least 10 years experience in Systems and Software Engineering in the Aerospace industry (commercial and military) with a particular understanding of complex integrated electronic/avionics systems and software. Other qualifications and experience include:
All successful applicants must be eligible to meet requirements for U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian government security clearance. Must be able to obtain a Canadian Industrial security Clearance to Secret level within one year L-3 Electronic System Services (ESS) offers a comprehensive Health and Dental package as well as the opportunity to join the company's defined benefit pension plan and stock plan. Other opportunities include a discounted fitness program and a compressed work week which results in every other Friday off. L-3 Electronic System Services is a proud supporter of employment equity and is registered under the Federal Contractors Program. If you would like to learn more about L-3 Electronic System Services please visit our web site at http://www.l-3ess.com/.
- Being highly experienced in the management of software/network applications development..
- Experienced in the management of integrated software product development from multiple sources.
- Knowledge of aviation regulatory equipment and software requirements (commercial and/or military).
- Experience in requirement definition and proposal preparation.