Curriculum Projects Manager
Centre for Instructional Technology and Development (CITD)
COMPETITION # 300-14-SC
The Curriculum Project Manager performs a coordinating role; supporting the work of the curriculum project teams. Curriculum Project Managers have an overall accountability for tracking of project scope, deliverables, schedule, quality and resources, and are responsible for delivering projects with available resources within the time constraints.
Project managers achieve project goals and objectives by providing guidance, direction and resources to members of the project team. A Curriculum Project Manager is expected to apply SAIT’s Project Management Framework to a diverse array of curriculum projects.
- Developing project statements of work and stakeholder analysis
- Establishing project deliverables, scope and priorities
- Creating and maintaining a project plan including
- Communication Plan
- Resource commitments (contracts, letters of commitment, etc.)
- Negotiating and assigning tasks - integrating resources across multifunctional teams
Executing, Monitoring and Controlling
- Providing accurate and timely reports on project status to team members and other stakeholders
- Organizing and monitoring all project activities and initiating strategies that contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of project work flows
- Identifying project issues and/or conflicts and managing their resolution
- Managing project resources
- Addressing copyright issues and protocols
- Formally closing a project by compiling closing and lessons learned reports
- Archiving project deliverables
The successful candidate will possess a related post-secondary degree (e.g. Business or Education) supplemented by at least 5 years experience in a project management capacity. Experience in managing curriculum projects is an asset. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Successful candidates must provide proof of qualifications. Only education obtained from an accredited institution will be recognized.
OPEN TO: SAIT Employees and the Public
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience
COMPETITION NUMBER: 300-14-SC
CLOSING DATE: Until suitable candidates are found
WHY WORK AT SAIT
You will be part of a premier polytechnic with an international reputation. SAIT Polytechnic offers a variety of benefits and services for staff including flexible scheduling, a great vacation package, Christmas leave, personal and professional development programs, access to our Wellness Centre, transportation discounts and more. To learn more, please visit Why Work at SAIT
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please visit the SAIT careers site at http://www.sait.ca/careers. SAIT is committed to Employment Equity and invites applications from all qualified individuals.
NOTE: The preferred method of application is on-line. Notification of receipt will only be made to on-line applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly. By applying your resume may be considered for other opportunities at SAIT that suit your experience.
SAIT’s vision is sharply focused - to be recognized as Canada’s premier polytechnic, one of the world’s finest, setting the standard in education, training and innovation.
Freedom of information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP)
The personal information recorded on the application form is being collected under the authority of Section 33c of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. The information will be used for the purpose(s) of employee recruitment and administration and is protected by the privacy provisions of the Freedom of Information and protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. If you require additional information concerning the collection and use of this personal information, please contact the SAIT FOIP Coordinator in Employee Services at 403-284-8633.