Jr. – Int. Law Clerk – Insurance Defence
Salary: Up to $45K
Our Client offers an outstanding opportunity to be among the BEST of the legal world! This could be a game changing opportunity for your career that you don’t want to miss! This highly renowned law firm located in the downtown Toronto core is looking for a junior to intermediate level law clerk, specifically with insurance defence experience to hit the ground running! They are known for their interesting case load and constant buzz in the media! If you want to work for a highly sought after firm, don’t wait to send us your resume! This availability won’t last long! Beautiful offices, social firm, vacations honoured and your claim to fame! Apply now!
Primary Duties Include:
- File management consisting of file reviews and meeting of all timelines
- File and production summaries
- Preparing and reviewing medical documents and following up with doctors
- Dealing with undertakings and productions
- Drafting legal documents (including motion records, pre-trial/mediation memos, pleadings etc.)
- Indexing and briefing new files and updating files when productions are received
- Trial and arbitration preparation
- Maintaining daily contact with clients
- 3-5+ years of insurance defence experience essential
- Law Clerk/ILCO Certification
- Strong knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to pay attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent technical skills (including MS Office)
- Availability to work overtime if necessary
(Job ID# 1882)
Please Contact: Zaheeda Merali
First Canadian Place, Suite 2550
Toronto's Most Trusted Authority in Legal Personnel
Earn up to $1000 for referrals during the month of February!
For more job opportunities visit our website http://www.cartelinc.com
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!