You can make a difference in your community while being rewarded with exciting career opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading clinical and administrative support. Joining Revera means working for a company that is one of Canada¿s largest home care providers serving more than 25,000 clients every week in their homes, in the community and through corporate health and wellness services.
Reporting to the Nursing Supervisor, the LPN is responsible for providing planned, patient-oriented, goal-directed nursing care in accordance with the provincial standards of care.
- Participate in the planning and coordination of total client care, following the nursing care plan for each assigned client, observing the client, evaluating the care of the client and accurately reporting and keeping records on the client's condition and care;
- Prepare clinical/progress notes on each visit, incorporating in the clinical record;
- Assist the client with daily living activities, while educating them on appropriate self care techniques;
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the client and provide an optimal physical and emotional environment;
- Assist Physician and Registered Nurse in complex nursing situations;
- Participate in case conference, in-services and other programs and meetings as required;
- Help organize, participate and administer the total nursing care of clients that is within the scope of their training and experience;
- Adhere to provincial regulatory body standards and practice guidelines, performing safe, competent, evidence based nursing care within their scope of practice;
- Collaborate with the client, family and other members of the health care team to establish and/or update the care plan;
- Assess, plan implement and evaluate client care with every client encounter and provide clinical advocacy;
- Provide client, family and Unregulated Care Provider education and assess their ability to understand and perform the required care;
- Respect client rights, including privacy and confidentiality of client information in accordance with applicable federal and provincial legislation (i.e.: PIPEDA);
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved program of practical nursing
- Current registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the province
- Ability to perform physical tasks that are necessary for the position i.e.: transferring and lifting clients, maneuvering and lifting equipment, if appropriate, e.g.: wheelchair, walker that may be necessary to provide effective, safe client care;
- Experience working in a homecare environment is preferred;
- Strong written and verbal communication, critical thinking, care coordination, time management and customer focus skills
- Must have demonstrated sound, clinical knowledge
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle is preferred;
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
||Home Health |
||College / CEGEP |