My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we're always looking for new talent-individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager for our Edmonton Buildings District located in Edmonton, AB.
- Responsible for overall project performance and reporting in areas including, but not limited to safety, costs/budget, schedule, quality, and project status
- Manage and coordinate all construction activities including those of trade contractors
- Assisting the project superintendent and field workforce to establish and maintain our strong safety culture and environmental programs
- Overseeing the operation of Construction Coordinators and Field Engineers
- Ensure project materials and workmanship meet project quality standards and design requirements
- Obtain necessary information from engineers, designers, inspectors, municipal/provincial authorities and clients
- Anticipate and resolve project issues and schedule difficulties
- Ensuring comprehensive project close-out
- Maintain and build excellent relationships with trade contractors, consultants, and clients
- Being a mentor and coach to junior project staff
At least 10 to 15 years of successful commercial or civil construction experience, including at least 5 years as a Project Manager on projects in the $5 million to $50 million range or greater
A degree or diploma in construction management or civil engineering is required
In-depth knowledge of the construction industry and company operations, specifically construction plans, specifications, building materials, methods, and procedures
Experience in all phases of construction projects
Experience managing multiple projects and project teams, including schedule and financials
Proven ability to acquire work and build relationships with trade contractors, clients, and consultants
Proficiency using Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, Outlook and other operational systems
Exceptional supervisory, communication and organizational skills required to excel in a fast paced construction environment
Expertise with visualizing the entire project and anticipating constructability issues and embed solutions in the construction plans and schedules
Local market experience is an asset
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.