Position Title: Manager, Compensation & Benefits
Division: Talent & Engagement
Reports to: VP, Talent & Engagement
Location: Toronto (midtown Yonge & Eglinton)
TVO is Ontario’s public educational media organization and a trusted source of interactive
educational content that informs, inspires, and stimulates curiosity and thought.
Our vision is to empower people to be engaged citizens of Ontario through educational media.
Responsible for the compensation, benefits, pension, employee data management and payroll functions for TVO. Recommends policy with regard to the administration of employee salaries, group benefits, disability management including WSIB, human resource management systems, pension administration and job evaluation plans
Provides leadership within the Talent & Engagement team as it relates to compensation, benefits, pension and payroll issues
Resolves employee issues on any of the above topics
- Creating efficient work processes and procedures in the compensation, benefit, pension & payroll function
- Data integrity of HRMS and payroll systems
- Manage vendor relationships with group benefit vendors and HRMS to resolve issues and create effective processes
- Administration of defined benefit, defined contribution and SERP Plans
- Execution of all communication plans regarding pension plans
- Member of the Pension Executive Committee, and co-chair of the Pension Monitoring Committee
- Manage the salary administration of the Non Union, CEP & CMG employees.
- Payroll administration
- Administration of variable and merit pay programs
- Administer job evaluation for all union and non-union positions including co-chair of Joint Job Evaluation Committee
- Manage short and long term disability programs, absence policies and processes for all employees. Manage all WSIB claims by working with WSIB account managers, employee and manager in return to work plans
- Consultation to managers, employees regarding all issues related to above topics
Experience managing all aspects of compensation and benefits, payroll and pension administration for defined benefit and defined contribution plans, job evaluation plans, disability management, human resource management systems and payroll.
Must interact effectively at all levels of the organization, and possess strong interpersonal, coaching/team building, communication (presentation & written), analytical and problem solving skills.
The successful candidate will have worked in a fast paced, multi-faceted environment, ideally, in a unionized environment. They also have the drive and ability to effectively prioritize and manage a significant workload.
- Undergraduate degree, CHRP designation, CEBS designation (or working towards), with 8-10 years of experience as a compensation, benefits, pension specialist and management experience
- Experience and understanding of how: HRMS, attendance management, payroll systems work. Knowledge of system interfaces
- Job evaluation experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing disability management cases
- Payroll administration experience an asset
- Ability to think and plan strategically in line with corporate vision
- Technologically savvy (HRMS systems/trouble shooting/reporting, etc.
- Advanced Excel skills/Word/Outlook/databases
- Prior experience working in a unionized environment a definite asset
- Diplomacy and discretion essential
- Experience in the media industryand/or the not-for-profit sector an asset.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current résumé by application close date note above, 5:00 pm.
For Additional information about TVO please check out our website at www.tvo.org to access all of our web properties.
TVO is an equal opportunity employer and will endeavour to accommodate potential applicants with disabilities through the Talent and Engagement office. Upon request, all job postings will be made available in alternative format.
TVO is committed to achieve a skilled workforce reflective of the population of Ontario.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries please.