It's an exciting time to join the SAIT Polytechnic team. With a new strategic plan, SAIT is doing more of what it already does exceptionally well: delivering applied education that leads to great careers. Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Short Term Assignments: Instructors, Petroleum Engineering Technology &
Instructors, Production Field Operations
MacPhail School of Energy
Competition # C295-14-GC
Are you interested in a new, exciting, international teaching opportunity?
SAIT Polytechnic’s MacPhail School of Energy (MSE) is offering a unique opportunity for experienced energy industry professionals, to deliver technical training in one of the booming Oil & Gas spots in the world,
Atyrau Interregional Center (AIC), Kazakhstan (http://www.kasipkor.kz).
By joining SAIT Polytechnic, you will be part of a premier polytechnic with an international reputation.
MSE prepares students to meet the demands of the energy industry with hands-on training in our world-class training facilities. The department is comprised of experienced, motivated and innovative faculty and staff who are committed and dedicated to the success of their students. Our industry-informed curriculum allows our students to find positions in all areas of industry across Alberta, Canada and the world.
We are currently looking for candidates for short term assignments (commitment of a minimum of two months) which may restart periodically. Note: This competition will be used to hire multiple positions.
All we need is your expertise!
SAIT & MSE will provide continuous support, resources and training. All successful applicants will be provided with an orientation and training program facilitated by our experts at SAIT Polytechnic.
The position also includes flights, medical insurance, and accommodations.
Accommodations are clean, located within a 7-minute walk of campus, have 24-hour security, and include laundry and cleaning services. All travel and visa arrangements will be taken care of by SAIT.
- Relate to students the essential concepts, procedures and principles in the areas of expertise as designated by the curriculum
- Use a variety of instructional techniques to create a climate conducive to optimal learning & personal development
- Monitor & Evaluate student progress and achievement
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and advice to learners
- Manage the classroom or lab to the benefit of all learners
- Mentor AIC Instructional Assistants assigned to the course
- Prepare and present courses, lectures, assignments and lab demonstrations & material.
- Assist in the development of curriculum and program reviews
- Prepare and update additional study and lab materials for learners as required
- Material for courses maybe in print form or online (D2L)
- Coordinate activities with SAIT personnel
The successful candidate must:
- Have valid approved working documentation to work in Canada
- Have a minimum of 5 years of progressive & diverse hands-on experience in the energy industry, particularly in oil and gas operations and maintenance stream
- Have a Diploma or a relevant Degree in Petroleum Engineering, Production Field Operations or related disciplines
Additionally, candidates should have:
- Knowledge of the Fundamentals of Petroleum Operations including geology & reservoir basic fundamentals, Exploration activities, Drilling, Completions, Safety, H2S Operations, surface facilities and operations for the Petroleum Technology & Production Field Operations disciplines.
- Previous training skills in the workplace
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to function in a team environment
- An innovative mindset and the desire to make long term lasting improvements
- The ability to take a firm stand on important issues, yet be empathetic to needs of students and the work team
- A customer service focus and strong relationship building skills
- The ability to adapt to situations such as unexpected short term workloads
Successful candidates must provide proof of qualifications.
Only education obtained from an accredited institution will be recognized.
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please visit the SAIT careers continue with your online application.
NOTE: The preferred method of application is on-line. Notification of receipt will only be made to on-line applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly. By applying your resume may be considered for other opportunities at SAIT that suit your experience.
Freedom of information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP)
The personal information recorded on the application form is being collected under the authority of Section 33c of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. The information will be used for the purpose(s) of employee recruitment and administration and is protected by the privacy provisions of the Freedom of Information and protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. If you require additional information concerning the collection and use of this personal information, please contact the SAIT FOIP Coordinator in Employee Services at 403-284-8633.