Welcome to Sears, one of Canada’s most trusted brand names at Sears, Home Store on Sumas Way Abbotsford.
For the past 60 years, Sears has been a household name from coast to coast. How have we been able to build such a great reputation? Through our dedicated Associates, of course!
With thousands of roles across the country, Sears is one of Canada’s largest employers. Whether you are just starting out or have an established track record, Sears can offer you an exciting opportunity to build and grow your career. Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engaging with our customers, and you will find a world of career possibilities within our organization.
Purpose of the Job in Major Appliances
To be responsible for using professional selling techniques to ensure complete customer satisfaction, in accordance with company policy. Participate in departmental activities as assigned.
- Perform selling activities such as:
- providing assistance to customers, responding to inquiries and complaints, and handling merchandise returns;
- providing demonstrations and instructions on specialized merchandise items;
- following corporate guidelines for prospecting and follow-up;
- selling related agreements/services, eg. maintenance agreement, stain protection agreement (SPA), delivery, installation, product protection plan, etc.
- Operate point of sale (POS) terminal, and handle all types of transactions as required, eg. delivery.
- Provide excellence in customer service, including mentoring new staff, resolving customer problems, and assisting associates in resolving customer problems. Maintain inventory systems, eg. delivery, perpetual inventory control, etc.
- Perform merchandising responsibilities in accordance with corporate standards, eg. housekeeping, signing, replenishing, maintaining, merchandise presentation, etc.
- Attend meetings, product knowledge and other training seminars.
- Work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend or complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Secondary school diploma
- A minimum of 3 months of previous work experience
- Demonstrated selling skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Point of Sales terminal, including ordering, delivery, etc.
- Good oral and written communication skills
We offer a competitive compensation package including a flexible benefits program and a generous associate discount on most Sears merchandise and services. We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing career enrichment opportunities wherever possible.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.