Unit Name: Headquarters, Yonge & Dundas
Compensation Type: Salaried
Pay Range: $58,000- $96,048
Band Level: 10
AIP Target: 17%
Relocation Plan Applies: No
Hours of Work: regular days - 40.00 hours weekly
Channel/Dept: Information Technology
Reports to: Director Information Technology
Duration of Posting: 14 days
The Information Technology department is a large, diverse IT shop that develops innovative technology solutions for all of our internal Sears customers including retail, merchandising and corporate business channels. We are committed to understanding our customers' business challenges and helping them achieve their goals by using technology to fit their needs.
Because of the diverse businesses we support, you'll have the chance to work on multiple platforms, utilizing a number of different languages, tools and software. We offer a supportive team environment that is focused on learning and encourages our associates to build their skills. Are you a strong leader who is passionate about both the management of project and engaging team members to achieve high quality results within the project? Then consider Project Manager as a possible next step in your career path. This position is responsible for coordinating, planning and directing the execution of all moderately complex projects, including areas that are outside of direct responsibility, in order to achieve business goals/objectives. This involves:
- Effectively managing resources, providing leadership and effectively communicating (to all management levels), throughout all phases of the project life cycle, for multiple projects;
- Manages support activities for assigned corporate systems;
- Develops and maintains yearly capital, resource and contract plans;
- Assuming responsibility for the quality, budget and timeliness of the project deliverables;
- Ensuring adherence to all departmental standards, procedures and methodologies;
- Providing team leadership (including management of external contractors), e.g., performance management, recognition and coaching, training and succession planning etc. ;
- Establishing a working relationship within IT and the associated business partners.
As a Project Manager you will also need to maintain awareness of rapidly changing technology trends, retail industry trends; business knowledge and best practices in order to guide sound strategic and tactical decision-making.
Success in this role calls for strong interpersonal and negotiation skills. The ideal job candidate will have completed a University Undergraduate degree in Business Administration (or equivalent), and have at least 4 years experience in project management. A recognized Project Management Professional designation (PMP or Masters Certificate in Project Management) is not required, but will be considered and asset.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to broaden your leadership skills and can lead to positions of increased responsibility within Information Technology.
We recommend that all associates should have completed a minimum of 12 months in their current role, should have their performance in good standing and should have discussed their career development plans with their current manager, before applying to internal roles. Any associates who do not meet these requirements may be screened from the hiring process.
Please be advised that only those associates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Posting Code: ITOPP