Law Firm Research Librarian
We have the perfect opportunity for the perfect librarian! Roll up your research sleeves because our Client has an opening for a highly qualified Research Librarian. This firm is recognized internationally as one of the top business firms and is known for their high profile cases and clients. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Director of Research and Information Management so your communication skills must also be top notch. The position requires expert legal and business research to be provided to the firm’s lawyers, students and support staff. If you have a minimum of 3 years of law firm research experience and are confident with various online research tools, this could be the job of your dreams! Apply now in the strictest of confidence to obtain an interview.
Primary Duties Include:
- Ensures delivery of timely, high-quality, focused, and complex legal, government, and business research services.
- Assists the Director with the development of strategic objectives for the department.
- Works collaboratively with other senior administrative staff and lawyers in the Firm to develop and deliver research services that take best advantage of internal and external resources.
- Follows policies and procedures for efficient completion of research services tasks.
- Researches Canadian, American, British, Australian, European Union, and other international case law, legislation, legal journals, and literature using print and electronic resources.
- Provides legislative, case law, and news monitoring services.
- Coordinates the design and delivery of research orientation and training sessions for lawyers, students, secretaries, paralegals and administrative staff as appropriate Minimum Qualifications
- Master of Library Science/Information Studies or equivalent degree from an ALA-accredited institution
- At least three (3) years’ experience providing legal research and reference services.
- Expert knowledge of the Canadian legal system, legal research methodology, and resources, as well as a familiarity with the legal systems and resources in foreign jurisdictions.
- Expertise in using online legal research tools, including Quicklaw, Lexis, Westlaw Canada, Westlaw International, CCH Online, CCH Legislative Pulse, Taxnet Pro, Courtlink, and PACER.
- Familiarity with business research tools, including Capital IQ, Disclosurenet, Mergermarket, Thomson ONE, FPInfomart, and Lexis.
- Experience providing group and one-on-one training.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and collegially with all members of the Firm, locally and nationally.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent work ethic, positive attitude, and service orientation.
(Job ID 1890)
Please Contact: Zaheeda Merali
First Canadian Place, Suite 2550
Toronto's Most Trusted Authority in Legal Personnel
Earn up to $500 for referrals for successfully placed candidates!
For more job opportunities visit our website http://www.cartelinc.com
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/Cartel_Inc
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cartel-Inc-Legal-Recruitment/235707093162927