Law Firm Financial Analyst
Salary: based on experience
Cartel has a unique opportunity for the right professional!! Our client, one of Canada’s most well respected law firms, is seeking a senior Financial Analyst to join their legal team. The ideal candidate will have 4-6 years of finance experience in a professional services environment (preferably in a law firm). You will be responsible for a multitude of analyst functions including working with the Director of Finance, Managing Partner and the CFO. If you feel that you have what it takes to excel in this prestigious firm and can handle a fast paced atmosphere, we want to hear from you! Stunning offices, downtown location, generous benefits and vacations honored! Apply now to obtain an interview!
Primary Duties Include:
- Participate in annual budget process – data collection and reconciliation, following time schedules, monitoring deadlines, providing Director of Financial Reporting with reconciled reports and assisting with preparation of presentations with Managing Partner and CFO
- Providing planning and control information by assembling and analyzing historical financial data, identifying trends, providing forecasts, explaining processes and techniques, recommending actions.
- Identifying and monitoring financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecast; compiling and distributing variance reports to various departments, conducting internal audits, and providing information to the external auditors on a semi-annual basis.
- Improving financial status by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends, recommending actions to management; guiding cost-projection process by enforcing policies and procedures, providing forecasts; explaining processes and techniques, establishing standard costs; collecting operational data on cost-effectiveness and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Preparing trend and sensitivity analysis as it relates to billing rates or alternative fee arrangements by understanding various client arrangements, applying consistent pricing methodologies, and identifying potential pricing opportunities.
- Compiling federal and provincial financial and legal requirements by preparing tax returns and following up with the government institutions.
- Protecting operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting designation (CGA, CMA or CA)
- Minimum 4-6 years of financial experience in a professional services firm
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently
- Superior organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to exercise judgment when setting up priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in report generation tools such as SQL Reporting, MS Access or Crystal Reports, MS Office
- Available to work overtime and weekends as required
(Job ID 1889)
Please Contact: Zaheeda Merali
First Canadian Place, Suite 2550
Toronto's Most Trusted Authority in Legal Personnel
Earn up to $500 for referrals for successfully placed candidates!
For more job opportunities visit our website http://www.cartelinc.com
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/Cartel_Inc
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cartel-Inc-Legal-Recruitment/235707093162927