On behalf of our Downtown based client, PROCOM is searching for a Business Analyst who will effectively conduct gap analysis against solution alternatives, identifying functional gaps, risks, benefits and pros/cons that will contribute to the overall recommendation of a solution. This is a Term position, with an end date of April 30th, 2015.
Business Analyst Job Details
- Lead in key areas to support the development, capturing, and readiness planning for business and functional requirements.
- Investigate and recommend solutions to meet business, organization and/or operational requirements.
- Act as the liaison between business and technology staff, providing the business perspective in the analysis and design of solutions.
- Accurately define dependencies, constraints, assumptions and risks.
- Assist in enforcement of project scope, indentifying and escalating change requests.
- Lead in the development of test plans for mission critical applications to ensure accuracy and efficiency while attaining desired functionality.
- Supports all testing phases by participating in test case development/review, defect reviews as required and facilitating appropriate collaboration between business and technical resources for acceptable defect resolution.
Business Analyst Mandatory Skills
- A minimum of 7 years experience in a Business Analyst role with demonstrated ability to apply business analysis techniques to increasingly complex projects or initiatives.
- Banking system experience preferably in the areas of Finance, Treasury, payments, settlements, year-end processing and reporting.
- Expertise with all aspects of requirements management, process modeling techniques and methodologies (ARIS modeling tool experience is desirable).
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving capabilities, with the ability to devise creative, workable solutions with established policies.
- Proven leadership abilities to engage and establish productive working relationships with business unit representatives.
- Proven effectiveness in facilitation of medium to large cross-functional groups.
- Strong change management acumen.
- Experience with business requirements gathering, analysis, and creation of Business Requirements Documents (BRD).
- Proven experience in establishing and developing best practices within a project.
- Temenos T24 Canadian implementation experience is strongly preferred.
- System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience with complex systems.
- Experience in integration of applications and business systems.
- Data conversion experience considered an asset.
- Ability to perform effectively under deadlines with multiple priorities.
Business Analyst Start Date
Business Analyst Assignment Length