With energy, drive and a spirit of collaboration, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. Better still, there are no limits on the legacy you can leave while working for ABB.
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 150,000 people.
Local Business Unit Controller for the Motor & Generator (DMMG) business in Canada. DMMG has locations across Canada including sales offices, manufacturing plants and service shops. The successful candidate will be customer driven, results oriented and a team player who can see the big picture, yet still focus on details.
- Partner with the Local Business Management Team to develop the short and long term strategic plan, the annual budget and detailed forecasts to profitably grow the business
- Provide local, country and divisional management teams with timely and accurate financial and operational reports, analysis and recommendations
- Work with two different reporting systems to provide consolidated financial reports
- Coach the management team in financial management to achieve financial goals
- Partner with operational and project leadership to review major projects and ensure proper execution, and identification and mitigation of risks in a proactive manner
- Assist in calculation of burden rates and Full Cost Model development
- Develop and execute cash management strategies to increase operating cash flow and reduce net working capital
- Effectively lead and develop finance personnel by identifying clear roles and responsibilities and development plan
- Assist the Division Controller and local management with various ad hoc requests on an as needed basis
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), US GAAP, and all ABB Policies
- Ten (10) years pertinent experience in financial or business operations , as a member of the Management Team
- Experienced people manager
- University degree in administration or accounting with a CA, CMA, CGA designation
- Must be a team player and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills (internal and external)
- SAP knowledge and information management experience is an asset
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Excellent business acumen
- Bilingual English and French, written and spoken is preferred
ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process. We also offer a stimulating work environment, competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
The masculine form is used as neutral gender and includes man and women.