SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 75 000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1 500 offices and laboratories around the world. In Canada, we presently have a staff of over 1,700 employees in more than 40 locations from coast-to-coast.
Visit Our Website For Career Opportunities: http://jobs.sgsna.com/
Execute the Project consistent with published objectives, Company principles and the interests of all shareholders; to monitor/coordinate the efforts of all contractor construction management and coordination resources working on the Contract Package to which they are assigned as directed by the Construction Manager so that the project investment is efficient; to assist the CNRL Construction Manager to appropriately organize and staff all construction management positions on the Contract Package to which they are assigned as directed by the Construction Manager; to coordinate the construction team at the job site within their assigned Plant or Contract Package area in accordance with Company construction management procedures and practices, in order to achieve Project safety, cost, schedule, quality and performance objectives; and to ensure successful completion of the construction and pre-commissioning phases of the Contract Package work, with no lost time injuries. The Construction Coordinator may be required to act in the capacity of Turnover Coordinator supporting Operations as needed.
• The principle function of the Construction Coordinator is to assist the Construction Manager in managing and monitoring and appraisal of contractors during the construction and pre-commissioning phases of the work and to confirm that effective corrective action has been taken for all identified deficiencies as necessary to complete the assigned Contract Package facilities consistent with Company objectives and construction management best practices, including disposition of Non Conformance Reports (NCR’s), completion of required Punchlist items, etc.
• Ensure a successful capital investment by expert monitoring and appraisal of the contractor’s construction and pre-commissioning performance to confirm adherence to contractual requirements under the direction of the Construction Manager.
• Work closely with CNRL and Contractor Turnover and Pre-Commissioning representatives to provide timely turnover of completed facilities within their assigned Contract Package area to the Commissioning and Start-up Team and to assist during the commissioning and start-up phases to facilitate initial operations.
• Motivate, manage, coordinate and support contractors working within their assigned Contract Package area to meet Company objectives, including compliance with Company construction management procedures and practices.
• Guide the construction safety effort within their assigned Contract Package area to keep lost time injuries to an absolute minimum, in keeping with CNRL/Horizon and industry standards, in coordination with CNRL and Contractor Safety representatives.
• Coordinate the construction activities between all field contractors and the Commissioning and Start-up Team to ensure expeditious construction and timely turnover of completed, facilities within their assigned Contract Package area on a schedule agreed with Operations and Company Management.
• Identify contractor’s construction and pre-commissioning performance deficiencies as early as practicable and to suggest/recommend effective corrective action to maintain contractual compliance and the opportunity to achieve Project objectives.
• Issue periodic and interim reports to the Construction Manager on the progress of construction and pre-commissioning, and the effectiveness of corrective actions being taken.
• Inform the Construction Manager of issues, events and practices as they evolve during construction to allow the Company to update its procedures and practices.
• Ensure that all construction personnel (CNRL and Contractor) working within their assigned Contract Package area comply with applicable laws, regulations and Company business practices.
• Ensure facilities that meet all specified requirements in accordance with Company’s published requirements.
• Manage the non-process appraisal of construction and field services contractor performance on all contracts during execution of the capital investment program to confirm compliance with contract requirements.
• Provide construction QA expertise for all activities and to support the Construction Manager in establishing a continuously improving organization.
• Deal with construction, pre-commissioning and turnover issues, solutions, complexities and difficulties throughout the Construction and Pre-Commissioning stages (as well as suggest during Commissioning and Start-Up, if required) of the Upgrader Facilities work in their assigned Contract Package area in order to meet Company expectations under the direction of the Construction Manager.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. Recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity, we employ 75.000 people and operate a network of more than 1,350 offices and laboratories around the world. In Canada, we presently have a staff of over 2000 employees in more than 50 locations from coast – to – coast. We have the following opportunity.....
• Fill in for the Construction Manager during absences as delegated by Construction Manager or Project Manager
• Responsible for all construction activities related to the project within their assigned Plant or Contract Package area
• Participate in constructability reviews as requested/required by the CNRL Construction Manager and/or Project Manager
• Input to drawing approvals, rigging and heavy lift plans, manpower assessments, etc.
• Input to and review of plot plan, project design and equipment specifications to promote constructability
• Construction quality, cost, schedule and resource baseline development, monitoring and reporting
• Coordination/support of construction field engineering and QA/QC activities
• Monitoring Contractor field material control and material management procedures for field construction operations
• Providing assistance/guidance in contract preparation, bid tab reviews, contractor/sub contractor selection
• Establishing construction procedure requirements for contractors
• Implementing the project construction strategy under the direction of the Construction Manager
• Participation in the development of the project Construction Management and Constructability Plans
Responsible for the Overall Construction Coordination of the Construction Effort for the assigned Contract Work Package
Management of Safety, Quality, Cost, Scheduling and Completion of the Work in Conformance with the Construction Work Package Documents
• Pre Construction Activities
Help develop CNRL’s Construction Execution Plan and integration of Contractors Construction Execution Plan
Oversee/participate in development and maintenance of Construction Schedules
Coordination with Other Projects On Site for, cross plot plan boundary issues
Facility Integration/Tie In Planning
Participate in Constructability Reviews
Coordinate Location and Development of Temporary Construction Facilities and Utilities with Site Development Construction Coordinator(s)
+ Field Office Trailers (CNRL/Horizon and Contractors)
+ Material Staging Areas
+ Materials Warehousing
+ Staging Areas For Construction Equipment and Prefabrication Work
+ Parking Areas
+ Construction gates and Labour Force Access/Egress
Review of Construction Work Packages
Attend Bid Meetings and Pre Award Meetings
Participate in Construction Kick Off Meeting
Attend Meetings with Local Union Representatives/Business Agents (If Required)
Develop Construction Procedures as Required
Review of Approved Subcontractor Lists and Qualification Criteria
Coordinate Contractor Pre Construction Activities
Coordinate Building and Construction Permits, as Required
Participate in Development/Review of Heavy Lift and Rigging Plan
Review of Contractor(s) Safety Program in conjuction with CNRL Safety representative(s)
Review of Contractor(s) QA/QC Plan and Programs in conjunction with CNRL QA representative(s)
For candidates who meet these pre-requisites, SGS offers a stimulating professional environment and a very competitive compensation package.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
SGS is the World's Leading Inspection, Testing, Verification & Certification Company.
SGS is an Employment Equity Employer