Reference Number: 33605
The Quality Assurance Inspector will provide inspection services within an operating and expanding plant environment in support of a Suncor system that manages the integrity of in-service pressure, process and structural equipment.
- Learn and execute Suncor's Integrity Management System in place for pressure, process and structural equipment
- Complete in-service equipment inspection assessments utilizing visual and non-destructive examination (NDE) techniques, inspection of new construction/fabrication and repair/alteration of in-service pressure/process equipment's, process piping and structural components as well as coordinate and manage specific plant equipment QA systems and records
- Monitor and accept new equipment installations and enroll them into the system
- Assist maintenance in repair strategies by assessing the equipment's condition and necessary repairs, issuing repair requests to maintenance and engineering, co-developing welding repair and general repair strategies with engineering and supporting the successful management of equipment integrity to assure a positive contribution to plant safety, reliability, performance and retention of plant integrity
- Focus on identifying equipment condition, assist in determining failure modes and effects, root cause, and assist engineering in defining corrective actions
- Create the necessary inspection, repair and condition history of the equipment, monitoring and identifying non-conformances to the system requirements
- Assisting the area to find the appropriate disposition to nonconformance, ensuring that the appropriate corrective action to prevent recurrence is deployed with discipline
- Support equipment condition monitoring scope development and deployment
- Be available to support the QA team to provide QA support to the operation after hours with rotating on-call duties to assure the team shares a work-life balance
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- API 510 certification
- Three to five years of experience conducting plant inspections, NDE, monitoring welding/fabrication/repair/alteration and new construction of pressure and process equipment
- Working within an inspection program to support an in-service facility including experience with Inspection database and historical management
Skills and Knowledge:
- Skills and knowledge in welding repair technology, knowledge of in-service pressure equipment inspection including pressure relief device inspection servicing and technology
- Developed communication and technical writing skillks
- Exceellent interpersonal skills
- Computer office software skills
Desirable but not Mandatory Education, Experience Skills and Knowledge:
- Diploma in engineering technology/materials/welding/ NDT, and/or Engineering degree in mechanical/metallurgical or welding and CWB or AWS Welding Inspector certification
- Experience with the inspection of statically and dynamically loaded structure inspection and repair
- API 570 and/or API 653 certification
- National Board commission
- Retainer of an ABSA In-service Pressure Vessel or Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspector Certificate of Competency
- NDE CGSB or ASNT certifications level II MT/PT/UT/RT
- Experience in SAP
- Experience and/or comfort with physical work assessing equipment within confined spaces, in the outdoors and at safe working heights with the appropriate personal protective equipment. Working within an operating pressure plant, approximately 50% in the field and 50% in the office. The ability to work extra hours, night shifts when require and call out for emergencies. Positions are within the Fort McMurray area operating sites
Desirable Education and Experience for the Role by Business Unit:
Upgrading / Firebag / Mackay River BU Quality Assurance: RBI program methodology/principles/application; refinery inspection and damage mechanisms within process equipment; API 579 and 571 knowledge; abrasion and erosion repair technology; refinery in-service tank inspection experience; refractories and coatings technologies and down hole SAGD technology and associated pressure equipment (FB and MR only).
Extraction BU Quality Assurance: Above ground pipe line, ore mining/sizing and structural equipment inspection & repair; abrasion, erosion and impact resistant materials technology; experience in damage mechanisms associated with process/mining facilities with erosive slurries.
Energy & Utilities BU Quality Assurance: Power boiler, power piping, package boiler power generation and water treatment inspection and damage mechanisms; refractories and coatings technologies
Salary Range: 33.65/hr - 60.00/hr 40.00 Hours per week, Bonus, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Disability Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Group Insurance Benefits, Pension Plan Benefits, Vision Care Benefits
Go ahead. Expect success. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn, grow, challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- competitive base salary and compensation programs
- attractive annual incentive program
- flexible benefits package
- rewarding pension and savings plans
Wondering if you and Suncor are the right fit? Hear what people at Suncor have to say about working here. Go ahead. Find out why your peers chose Suncor »
ABOUT FORT MCMURRAY
Fort McMurray is a northern Canadian city rich in resources and cultural diversity nestled in the Boreal Forest in Wood Buffalo. Explore what Fort McMurray has to offer - from its stunning natural environment and multicultural community, to its quiet neighbourhoods.
Find out more about living and working in Fort McMurray at goaheadfortmac.com »
Suncor Energy is a sustainably operated Canadian integrated energy company. Our company combines a leading position in oil sands with complementary operations in refining and marketing, North American natural gas production and conventional oil production internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
At Suncor, we operate our businesses reliably and efficiently with an emphasis on employee safety and a number of initiatives aimed at ensuring a safe and healthy environment. Suncor is also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities where we operate - including yours.
Our use of innovative technology has made us an industry leader in the energy business - and with a strong strategy for growth, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to continue building your career.As an employer, Suncor is one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people thrive. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of newcomers and experienced professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise from all parts of Canada.
Learn more about why our employees choose Suncor »
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity? Follow Suncor on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.Apply Now