By design, Heather Cox & Associates is a boutique insurance search firm. Linking Talent to Opportunity - Positively Impacting People and Businesses
SENIOR COMMERCIAL UNDERWRITER - OIL & GAS (CALGARY)
Why work for our client?
- Newly created position – growing office
- Join a company that values your contribution and makes your professional development a top priority
- Bring your technical knowledge, creativity & passion for your work and make an impact on a daily basis
- Responsible for the evaluation, selection, negotiation, and pricing for assigned policies in order to ensure a profitable book of business
- Act as a resource on risks outside of the authority level for less experienced Underwriters
- Ensure endorsements, renewals, reissues, and cancellations are reviewed and analyzed
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with brokers/customers
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, developments, and regulatory changes including competitive analysis
- Ensure that product changes or enhancements are communicated to brokers and/or customers in a timely manner
- Support the completion of peer file reviews and audits
- Assist in the price monitoring, risk selection and data quality performance reviews
- Assist in the training of Associate Underwriters, Underwriter Trainees and support staff
- Work collaboratively on special projects
- University Grad
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in commercial underwriting. Oil & gas experience desired
- Excellent communication, business development and negotiation skills
To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume to the attention of Heather Cox via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 416 935-0901.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.