About Black & McDonald
In 1921, William J. McDonald and William R. Black formed Black
& McDonald Limited, a partnership to engage in residential wiring.
Throughout the years, Black & McDonald has remained a family owned
business with an uncompromising commitment to the founder's
principles of delivery as promised and fairness to all.
For over 90 years, the company has followed a planned course of
diversification and expansion, combining growth and financial stability
with ongoing investment in our people, and a willingness to pioneer new business opportunities and directions.
Black & McDonald remains a privately owned Canadian company, an
integrated, multi-trade prime contractor serving government, institutions, industry and commerce across Canada, the US and overseas. The company has over 4,000 employees working out of a network of more than 25 offices.
Services now range from multi-million dollar construction projects to
extensive facility management and operations contracts, to planned
maintenance agreements and emergency services.
Known as a reliable and flexible contractor, Black & McDonald operates with integrity and loyalty to our employees, customers, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
We will remain an innovative leader in our evolving domestic and global markets - proud of our past, advanced in our capabilities, and driven to deserve our reputation.
Black & McDonald Limited is actively seeking a Senior Mechanical Estimator- Sewage and Water Treatment, located in Scarborough, Ontario.
- Oversee and/or prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Oversee price packages with suppliers, subcontractors, owners, designers and architects regarding tenders as required
- Advise on tendering procedures, review tender submissions and recommend tender packages
- Comply with and advise on tendering procedures , examine and analyse tenders, and prepare project risk assessments
- Participates in site review, tender review, tender hand-off, project closing and operational/sector meetings with the Management Team
- Provide cost breakdown in order to set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Participate in material and equipment purchasing for secured jobs
- Keep abreast of new technology within the contracting industry to ensure that all estimates consider the most up to date construction methods & procedures
- Directly supervises employees and carries out related responsibilities
- A college diploma or related trade experience with a concentration in the mechanical discipline or trade qualifications and knowledge
- A minimum of 5 experience of mechanical construction, sewage and water treatment experience is required
- Knowledgeable with ACCUBID
- Ability to manage project takeoff and bidding processes effectively
- Motivated and able to work with deadlines
- Excellent communication, organizational skills and computer software skills
- Experience in closing estimates
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, vendors, and employees at all levels of the organization
Competency Requirements (Skilled to Advanced Level)
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
How to Apply:
Click on the link below to apply. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls or agencies, please. Internal candidates, advise your supervisor prior to applying.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!