About Black & McDonald
In 1921, William J. McDonald and William R. Black formed Black
& McDonald Limited, a partnership to engage in residential wiring.
Throughout the years, Black & McDonald has remained a family owned
business with an uncompromising commitment to the founder's
principles of delivery as promised and fairness to all.
For over 90 years, the company has followed a planned course of
diversification and expansion, combining growth and financial stability
with ongoing investment in our people, and a willingness to pioneer new business opportunities and directions.
Black & McDonald remains a privately owned Canadian company, an
integrated, multi-trade prime contractor serving government, institutions, industry and commerce across Canada, the US and overseas. The company has over 4,000 employees working out of a network of more than 25 offices.
Services now range from multi-million dollar construction projects to
extensive facility management and operations contracts, to planned
maintenance agreements and emergency services.
Known as a reliable and flexible contractor, Black & McDonald operates with integrity and loyalty to our employees, customers, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
We will remain an innovative leader in our evolving domestic and global markets - proud of our past, advanced in our capabilities, and driven to deserve our reputation.
Black & McDonald Limited is actively seeking a 1st Class Stationary Engineer located in Orillia, Ontario.
- Operate steam boilers, air compressors, water softeners, air dryers, pumps, and fans
- Responsible for the safe operation of the steam plant
- Track and log all Gas, Water, and Hydro Readings
- Perform all tasks related to the safe and efficient operation of the Steam Boiler plant including repairs and maintenance
- Perform routine inspection and testing of equipment to ensure proper operation
- Perform minor plumbing and general maintenance duties
- Document air compressor readings, all plant steam produced and consumption, gas consumption. Supply gas forecasts to gas supplier
- Performs water analysis on boilers. Complete daily, weekly, monthly log report
- Maintain the chemical and spare parts inventory
- Provide vacation coverage for other operators
- Test run the safety and standby equipment weekly
- Must possess a 1st Class Power Engineer certificate
- Minimum 1 year operating and maintenance experience
- Strong trouble shooting and interpersonal skills
- Bending and lifting required; lifting under 30 kg
- Must be able to climb stairs and to work on a ladder or scaffold as required
- Good computer skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
How to Apply:
Click on the link below to apply. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be selected. No calls or agencies, please. Internal candidates, advise your supervisor prior to applying.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!