REGISTERED NURSE – CARDIOLOGY - G5
Status: Regular Part Time
File Number: UN.EX.- 1400000464
Wage Schedule: $30.59 - $44.22 per hour
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
To utilize the nursing process in the provision of patient care. To participate as a member of the Health Care Team. As an individual practitioner, to maintain competence and professionalism relevant to current practice. To maintain health records. Function as a member of a Multidisciplinary Team and to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (in good standing);
- current B.C.L.S.;
- significant recent experience in an acute medical/surgical/cardiology unit required;
- Coronary Care I (Cardiac Rhythm Interpretation) and Coronary Care II or equivalent of
- education and experience required;
- proven cardiac rhythm and patient assessment skills (tested);
- proven effective organizational, critical-thinking, time-management, problem-solving
- and teaching skills;
- demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- proven ability to perform appropriately in emergency situations;
- able to lift, turn, transfer patients manually and with mechanical aids;
- proven ability to assume a leadership/charge role;
- demonstrated commitment to maintain Reflective Practice Standards as outlined by the
- B.Sc.N and A.C.L.S preferred;
- demonstrated an understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive
- safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety and
- environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education sessions
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Corporation's policies and procedures.
Lakeridge Health thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are qualified for the above position, please apply online:
**Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Lakeridge Health’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.