| || Oracle/SQL Server DBA |
Ottawa Downtown Core
One to Two weeks
|Role and Responsibilities |
Qualifications and Experience
- Provide administration and support for mission critical and pre-production database environments.
- Perform and manage daily database maintenance, monitoring and performance tuning.
- Responsible for database disaster recovery of all database environments which includes managing and supporting SQL backup policies.
- Responsible for managing database availability technologies like SQL clustering, log shipping and replication and Oracle RAC.
- Responsible for managing storage by monitoring space and providing growth statics to ensure storage is optimized.
- Ensure all environments comply with corporate security measures and best practices.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, management information systems or a related discipline.
- 3 to 5 years working with various database management systems in administration, testing, implementation and maintenance in multiple platform environment.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008 R2, 2012 and Oracle Database 11g.
- Experience with database coding in SQL, T-SQL and PL/SQL.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
| || Apply Online 20140522.22 |
| || |
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
excelITR is one of the fastest growing IT contracting firms in the Nation's Capital. Since 1989, excelITR has been locating technology professionals for contract and permanent positions in the areas of Project Management, Software and Web Development, Business Analysis, and Network Administration and Support.