Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada's most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is a leading multinational financial services provider and Canada's most international bank. Since welcoming our first customers in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in 1832, Scotiabank has continued to expand its global reach. Today, through our team of more than 83,000 employees, Scotiabank and its affiliates offer a broad range of products and services, including personal, commercial, corporate and investment banking, to over 19 million customers in more than 55 countries around the world.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
By working together, we build strong relationships and create value for our customers. Scotiabank's Information Technology and Solutions provides global technology solutions support to each of our core businesses - Domestic Banking, International Banking, Global Banking & Markets and Global Wealth & Insurance. Our technology-based solutions enable Scotiabank to achieve sustained profitable growth and a competitive advantage.POSITION SUMMARY:
The International Banking Systems (IBS) Development group supports applications to automate branches and subsidiaries in the Caribbean, Central and South America, and Asia Pacific regions. Multiple technology platforms are used, including IBM AS/400's running the ScotiaGlobe core Retail Banking system, Microsoft Windows platform running the Branch Sales and Service applications (Counselor CRM, Application Processing and Teller Platform), Middleware application (SOA, Broker, TRIAD common interface, IPS, OMDM ) running on AIX platform is used to interface with many Alternate Delivery Channel applications (such as Telephone Banking, Internet Banking, ABM, ACH etc.), home grown web applications including internet banking, branch functions) running on AIX platform and External Vendor applications (such as Debt Manager, TRIAD, Credit Card Service provider FDR, Trans Union Credit Bureau, Origination Manager Decision Model etc.).
The successful applicant will be responsible for the design and development, maintenance and support of a suite of credit risk applications. The incumbent is expected to be actively participating in all phases of the systems development life cycle, working in a multidisciplinary development project team including Mexico team, Peru team, Chile team and external vendors.
You will report to the Sr. Manger/Director - International Banking Systems-Development.
All responsibilities should be carried out in accordance with the Scotiabank Code of Conduct, Values and Guiding Principles ensuring adherence to Privacy principles.
* Participate in work sessions with business clients and other stakeholders to gather business, technical and process flow requirements.
* Perform analysis of business requirements for new/enhanced systems to determine the best solution.
* Translate functional specifications into a detailed design documents and participate/lead technical solution session.
* Develop cost effective and high quality applications.
* Assist other team members in all aspects of the technical solution.
* Assist Integrated System Test (IST) by supporting test plan and test case validation and support IST during execution.
* Assist Quality Assurance Testing (QAT) Team to validate QAT test plans and support QAT during execution.
* Provide production support, including off-hour pager support on a rotational basis.
* Liaison with external vendors, product users, operations staff, technical support groups and other development teams in all -phases of development project activities and production support activities.
* Occasional travel for release implementation and on site production support.
* Assist Project Leader or Manager by supervising more junior staff, providing backup support to the Project Leader or Manager, assisting with the development of detailed workplaces and monitoring progress against plan.
* Provide technical guidance and review to other team members by conducting technical walkthroughs.
* Development experience using Web Services, and SOA Frameworks is an asset.
* Working exposure to IBM MQ Series Messaging & Websphere Application Server (WAS) is a strong asset.
* Working knowledge of JSF & XML/XSL is an asset.
* Working experience using UML is an asset.
* Knowledge of Eclipse IDE, Apache Ant, and source code control tools like Team Foundation Server (TFS) or Microsoft Visual Source Safe (MS VSS).
* Nice to have AS/400 programming experience.
* Self-starter, fast learner with positive attitude and team player.
* Excellent analytical, technical and business writing, and problem solving skills.
* Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Fluency in Spanish is desirable.
* Strong time management and organizational skills.
* Good interpersonal and team liaison skills.
* Familiar with banking applications, preferable credit risk applications.
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATIONS:
Successful completion of a University degree or College diploma.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.