Reference Number: 33784
The incumbent is responsible for assisting Suncor by providing leadership, expertise and guidance in Incident Investigation support (health and safety, reputation, regulatory, environment and economic consequence). You will act as a consultant to the incident owner and are responsible to ensure the overall quality of the investigations.
- Assist the Incident Owner in the development of an investigation plan
- Coordinate and communicate with key stakeholders such as Communications, Legal and EHS during the course of the investigation
- Initiate environmental response if required
- Conduct interviews and liaise with Legal on authority, agency, access and interviews
- Ensure that the Investigations Manager is being kept up to date as required
- Support/advise on investigation completeness and ensure on site investigation is complete prior to the Root Cause Analysis meeting
- Attend, facilitate and/or provide expertise and support for the Root Cause Analysis
- Compile all reports, documentation and evidence, and develop the Final Investigation Report for review by the Incident Owner and the Team
- Monitor and support the closure of incidents in a timely manner
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of five to seven years' experience in the petroleum industry or equivalent specialized training and work experience
- Post-Secondary education/certificate, diploma
- Applicable Safety Designations (OH&S Certificate etc.) or in the process of attaining said designations
- Experience working with Regulatory agencies is preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills and able to understand technical problems and demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of petrochemical plant operations
- Strong computer literacy and proficient in Microsoft office and related tools
- Proactive leader and a self-starter with the ability and commitment to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of SAP is desired, but not required
- Skilled in incident investigation processes such as those used by Occupational Health and Safety Officers, Transport Canada investigators, RCMP or Chemical Safety Board
- Thorough knowledge of EHS legislation in Canada, the US and overseas where Suncor operates.
- Strong Root Cause analysis techniques and project management skills
- Ability to compile complex reports and summarize information for learning and distribution
- Evidence management and record/ cataloguing expertise in order to support a legal defense related to an incident
- Relocation to Fort McMurray is mandatory for this position
- We offer highly competitive housing/rental assistance programs to eligible candidates
Go ahead. Expect success. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn, grow and challenge yourself. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- competitive base salary and compensation programs
- attractive annual incentive program
- flexible benefits package
- rewarding pension and savings plans
Wondering if you and Suncor are the right fit? Hear what Suncor employee Brett Regier has to say about working here »
ABOUT FORT MCMURRAY
Fort McMurray is a northern Canadian city rich in resources and cultural diversity nestled in the Boreal Forest in Wood Buffalo. Explore what Fort McMurray has to offer - from its stunning natural environment and multicultural community, to its quiet neighbourhoods.
Find out more about living and working in Fort McMurray at goaheadfortmac.com »
Suncor Energy is a sustainably operated Canadian integrated energy company. Our company combines a leading position in oil sands with complementary operations in refining and marketing, North American natural gas production and conventional oil production internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
At Suncor, we operate our businesses reliably and efficiently with an emphasis on employee safety and a number of initiatives aimed at ensuring a safe and healthy environment. Suncor is also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities where we operate - including yours.
Our use of innovative technology has made us an industry leader in the energy business - and with a strong strategy for growth, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to continue building your career.As an employer, Suncor is one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people thrive. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of newcomers and experienced professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise from all parts of Canada.
Learn more about why our employees choose Suncor »
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity? Follow Suncor on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.Apply Now