Reference Number: 33778
Reporting to the Manager, Maintenance Integration, and the Maintenance Integration Specialist supports the development of Ready for Operation (RFO) standards, procedures, work practices and programs for the Fort Hills Maintenance and Reliability teams. The specialist works in accordance with existing Suncor standards and operational excellence programs and also supports functional groups such as Supply Chain, Operation Excellence Management System (OEMS) and Projects
- Application and adherence to Suncor standards and procedures
- Reviews, contributes to and implements the Suncor maintenance business processes (OEMS)
- Reviews, contributes to and implements the Suncor Maintenance and Reliability Standard (MR-CP-GS-001)
- Custodian of site-based maintenance standards and procedures
- Inputs into development of standards and policies for Maintenance
- Inputs into project plan
- Develop, monitior, and audit the OEMS KPI's
- Provide guidance to the maintenance managers on development of standards and policies.
- Integrate closely with project/construction personnel, commissioning and start up personnel, and other stakeholders to ensure all standards and policies are identified and plans in place
- Supports the reporting of incidents and helps facilitate investigations where required
- Reports and tracks incidents in a timely manner
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals
- Professional engineer or relevant trades with business process back ground, with 8+ years of experience or increasing responsibility in various positions manufacturing or mining operations, preferably with Oil Sands maintenance experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated change leader with proven improvement results
- Knowledge of industrial safety management systems, including experience with Process Safety management, and regulatory interfaces
- Previous planning and project experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to build key relationships with cross-functional, internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to identify improvement opportunities and act decisively to realize those opportunities
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Competency in making business decisions and core understanding of risk-based decision making and risk management
- Position will be located at the Calgary Suncor home office
- Trips to contractor EP locations will be required
- Frequent site visits, increasing frequency as the project progresses
- The role will be Site-based during commissioning and startup and through sustaining operations, on a fly-in / fly-out basis
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- competitive base salary and compensation programs
- attractive annual incentive program
- flexible benefits package
- rewarding pension and savings plans
Wondering if you and Suncor are the right fit? Hear what people at Suncor have to say about working here. Go ahead. Find out why your peers chose Suncor »
Suncor Energy is a sustainably operated Canadian integrated energy company. Our company combines a leading position in oil sands with complementary operations in refining and marketing, North American natural gas production and conventional oil production internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
At Suncor, we operate our businesses reliably and efficiently with an emphasis on employee safety and a number of initiatives aimed at ensuring a safe and healthy environment. Suncor is also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities where we operate - including yours.
Our use of innovative technology has made us an industry leader in the energy business - and with a strong strategy for growth, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to continue building your career.As an employer, Suncor is one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people thrive. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of newcomers and experienced professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise from all parts of Canada.
Learn more about why our employees choose Suncor »
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity? Follow Suncor on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.Apply Now