Reference Number: 33767
The Instrument Technician supports process operations, maintenance, and engineering by maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing process control system equipment.
- Performs calibration, loop checking, troubleshooting, repair, and start-up on field devices
- Provides technical assistance to other instrument personnel to improve competency levels
- Responds to work orders, overtime situations, and the needs of the refinery
- Looks for opportunities to improve reliability
- Utilizes charts, data, and conducts analysis to diagnosis rotating equipment failures
- Seeks to conduct work effectively when obstacles prevent planned work from being conducted
- Leverages best practices and processes from across the company to get work done
- Asks for input from others and incorporates into decisions
- Takes decisive action when a quick response is required or under conditions of uncertainty
- Collaborates with Reliability Tech's on vibrating equipment to troubleshoot problems
- Attempts to resolve conflicting situations between multiple groups and works toward agreeable solutions to ensure a safe and reliable workplace
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals
Education and Experience:
- An Associate's Degree (or technical equivalent diploma) in the Instrument and Controls field or Electronics Technology or successful completion of a formal program in the field of Process Instrumentation through military service or crafts apprenticeship program and 5 years of recent practical experience (preferred) in maintenance of industrial instrumentation and controls equipment
- Or ISA (Formerly Instrument Society of America) CCST Certification Level I and 5 years of recent practical experience (preferred) in maintenance of industrial instrumentation and controls equipment
- Or 10 years of recent practical experience in the maintenance of industrial instrumentation and controls equipment; experience must be in a petrochemical or similar industrial industry
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated commitment to the environment, safe work practices, excellent
- interpersonal communications, teamwork skills, willingness to continuously learn and improve, value for diversity, and a strong work
- This position is union-represented under USW 12-477
- The hourly rate for this position is $36.49
Go ahead. Expect big. At Suncor, you will work with some of the biggest equipment on the planet, or with some of the top technology around. We'll provide great salary and benefits and offer training to develop your skills.
At the end of the day, you'll take pride in seeing what you and your team have accomplished. But don't just take our word for it. Go ahead. Find out why your peers chose Suncor »
Suncor Energy combines a leading position in oil sands with complementary operations in refining and marketing, North American natural gas production and conventional oil production internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
Our use of innovative technology has made us an industry leader in the energy business - and with a strong strategy for growth, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to apply and build on your skills. We're also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities where we operate - including yours.
As an employer, Suncor is one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people are rewarded for their work. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of newcomers and experienced professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise from all parts of Canada.
Learn more about why our employees choose Suncor »
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity? Follow Suncor on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.Apply Now