Please click here to Apply On-Line.
Empowering healthcare starts with you. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Canada -- a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
The Consultant will be responsible for providing strategic market access and consulting services to our clients who are primarily pharmaceutical companies. The Consultant will work on projects including (but not limited to): designing/developing market access strategies, reimbursement submissions, late phase clinical trials, risk management/safety programs, and health economic studies/models; preparing market access documents and scientific reports/manuscripts; and analyzing project-specific data. The Consultant may also have project management and business development responsibilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop market access strategies for drugs or medical devices
- Prepare reimbursement submissions to public and private payers (including key submission components such as budget impact analyses, pharmacoeconomic models, clinical summaries, templates, etc.)
- Develop pharmacoeconomic models, budget impact analyses, and associated reports
- Design late phase clinical trials and risk management/safety programs
- Analyze project specific data (e.g., claims, units, costs, health outcomes, epidemiology, cost-effectiveness, etc.)
- Prepare study Protocols and Clinical Study Reports
- Review and/or write manuscripts, publications, and reports
- Manage all aspects of a project including client meetings/requests, timelines, billing, and resources required to successfully meet project deadlines/milestones and client expectations
- Participate in business development activities including proposal writing and client presentations/meetings
- Conduct interviews with key stakeholders
- Conduct literature and web-based research
- Collaborate with the clinical team on study design issues
- Collaborate with the operations, IT, and clinical teams on database design and management issues
- Perform duties in compliance with all relevant company standard operating procedures, work instructions, and policies
- Work according to procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintain appropriate communications with all levels of the organization
- Track/record and submit time spent on projects and other activities
- Always keep work area safe, organized, and clean
- BA/BS university degree in a scientific/health discipline (e.g., pharmacy, pharmacology, biochemistry, health economics, health administration, etc.) with five years relevant experience or two years experience with a Masters degree or higher
- Experience in market access/reimbursement and/or health economics and/or outcomes research
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office software. Competency in utilizing TreeAge and/or statistical software (e.g., SAS) is a plus.
- Strong English communication skills - verbal and written
- Strong project management and client management skills
- Detail oriented with strong organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to analyze complex data arrays and prepare technical reports/models (e.g., budget impact analyses, pharmacoeconomic models, Clinical Study Reports).
- Ability to work unsupervised, taking responsibility for own actions
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to deliver professional internal/external presentations
- Excellent team working skills
- Strong problem solving skills
Benefits & Company Statement
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson Canada employee contributes to our mission -- whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Canada, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson Canada, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Canada unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare. Learn more about your opportunities by visiting the careers section at www.mckesson.ca.