Please click here to Apply On-Line.
Empowering healthcare starts with you. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Canada -- a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
The Medical Information Specialistis responsible for the coordination and delivery of services related to Medical Information programs offered by McKesson Specialty. The role involves interactions with pharmacists, physicians, other health care professionals (HCPs), patients, consumers and members of McKesson's multidisciplinary team using web based, telephony and face to face means of communication. The role involves understanding and adherence to corporate, divisional, departmental and program specific standard operating procedures. This is a one year contract position.
Duties and responsibilities generally include but are not limited to:
- Skillfully field incoming calls from patients, consumers, pharmacists, physicians, nurses and other related healthcare providers, with the provision of accurate and high quality information based on approved reference materials
- Ability to probe to obtain complete and accurate understanding of callers' questions
- Ensure that appropriate medical recommendations are made or actions taken to ensure that the customer is protected
- Accurately and succinctly documents callers' question(s) and the response(s) provided
- Recognize, record and report Adverse Events/Serious Adverse Events, as per program work instructions
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Develop and maintain knowledge of SOPs and practices
- Actively support the continuous improvement of relevant business processes
- Participate and assist in departmental continuous improvement activities related to process, quality, training, etc
- Ensures that company policies are respected
- Maintains appropriate communications with all levels of the organization
- Undergraduate Pharmacy, Nursing or Medical degree preferably with past experience in providing technical scientific or medical information to health care professionals and patients within the pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of Five (5) years' experience in clinical area of practice
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and computer skills
- Impeccable written and spoken English and French skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work shifts between 8am - 8pm , (8am - 4pm or 12pm- 8pm)
- Ability to participate in after hour call handling rotation
Benefits & Company Statement
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson Canada employee contributes to our mission -- whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Canada, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson Canada, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Canada unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare. Learn more about your opportunities by visiting the careers section at www.mckesson.ca.