Please click here to Apply On-Line.
Empowering healthcare starts with you. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Canada -- a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
About our new Trenton Distribution Center:
A new state of the art distribution centre was recently built in Trenton (Quinte West). This new facility will allow us to increase capacity to better serve our customers and achieve higher operational efficiencies. We are proud to offer the following conditions at our Trenton DC:
- Very competitive compensation, including performance incentives plan and benefits
- Opportunity for training, education and internal growth
- Fitness facility
- Highly involved social committee
- Ability to learn multiple functions
- Temperature controlled, secure environment
- Some flexible shifts (part time)
What we are looking for in our employees:
We are looking for talented people to join McKesson Canada in our Trenton facility as Material Handler.
Candidates must positively demonstrate the company's ICARE Principles by developing trust and respect among peers and management, working in teams and partnering with others through collaborative work ethics, and driving business results by placing a high priority on detail and accuracy to successfully complete all tasks. Candidates will deliver excellent customer service and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism.
We are looking to fill both Full Time and Part Time positions on the night shift.
Duties and responsibilities generally include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares customer orders from stock, stage orders and/or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department according to customer order via electronic order interface.
- Loads, unloads, moves, stacks and stages products and materials using a forklift, reach truck, order picker, or other power industrial equipment. Operates the equipment in a safe and efficient manner following defined work methods and procedures (if applicable).
- Assists in maintaining a safe and secure warehouse environment by conducting operations in a manner which meets the requirements of the company and/or regulatory bodies.
- Double checks orders for accuracy and neatness according to our procedures.
- Efficiently moves items throughout the warehouse.
- Unloads inbound freight safely and moves product to storage locations. Efficiently stacks and stores merchandise in the appropriate, designated area.
- Understands the value of continuous improvement seeks out new or creative ways of doing things and embraces change relevant to their role.
- Able to learn and comply with the health and safety procedures, standards of operating procedures and regulations, including the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Performs picking duties in an efficient manner that meets both company and customer standards.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties such as: assisting with physical inventories, cycle counts, ensuring proper stock rotation, informing a supervisor of any unsafe or hazardous working conditions, and assisting in clean-up as required.
Abilities and qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED is an asset.
- Clear CPIC (Canadian Police Information Center) check.
- 1-2 years of experience using a forklift, reach truck, order picker, or other power industrial equipment would be an asset. Experience in a distribution center/warehouse/manufacture environment is an asset.
- Basic math and reading skills and a high standard for attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to be a team player and work in a team environment.
- Strong focus of Customer Service and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Current forklift certification and/or ability to become certified within a 30-day period.
- Ability to challenge processes and seek out process improvements or creative ways of completing tasks.
- Must be familiar and able to work with computers and automation.
- Ability to lift/move up to 40 pounds solo and greater weights in a team-lift environment.
- Physical requirements include: lifting, carrying, bending, stretching, and standing for long periods of time.
- Is reliable and punctual and willing to work various shifts.
- Exhibits flexibility/adaptability.
- Behaviors aligned with McKesson Canada ICARE principles and values.