About Black & McDonald
In 1921, William J. McDonald and William R. Black formed Black
& McDonald Limited, a partnership to engage in residential wiring.
Throughout the years, Black & McDonald has remained a family owned
business with an uncompromising commitment to the founder's
principles of delivery as promised and fairness to all.
For over 90 years, the company has followed a planned course of
diversification and expansion, combining growth and financial stability
with ongoing investment in our people, and a willingness to pioneer new business opportunities and directions.
Black & McDonald remains a privately owned Canadian company, an
integrated, multi-trade prime contractor serving government, institutions, industry and commerce across Canada, the US and overseas. The company has over 4,000 employees working out of a network of more than 25 offices.
Services now range from multi-million dollar construction projects to
extensive facility management and operations contracts, to planned
maintenance agreements and emergency services.
Known as a reliable and flexible contractor, Black & McDonald operates with integrity and loyalty to our employees, customers, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
We will remain an innovative leader in our evolving domestic and global markets - proud of our past, advanced in our capabilities, and driven to deserve our reputation.
Black & McDonald Limited is actively seeking a Mechanical Commissioning Representative located in Toronto, Ontario. The Mechanical Commissioning Representative will plan, coordinate team members and execute all contractual commissioning and start-up requirements related to Mechanical project turnover.
- Assist in the preparation of commissioning schedules for a number of projects
- Interface with Black & McDonald’s project teams, our subcontractors and suppliers to coordinate pre-functional and functional testing requirements
- Conduct a pre-commissioning review of the project drawings and specifications to identify any scope conflicts or short falls in the overall system functionality prior to commissioning so that operational solutions can be implemented at an early stage. Raise appropriate RFI’s for clarity and action
- Oversee the pre-functional and functional commissioning tests and ensure the necessary commissioning documentation is up-to-date and accurate
- Assist in on-site quality assurance to reduce deficiencies through regular site walk throughs
- Responsible for full process planning through to turnover
- Develop standard procedures for commissioning
- Mentor, coach, and train project managers, coordinators and foremen on the commissioning process
- Conduct (or supervise) contact-required performance tests or demonstrations
- Engage in owner driven commissioning meetings to ensure schedule adherence and seamless execution
- Requires a degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent level of field experience as a qualified tradesperson
- Minimum of 10 years’ work experience in Mechanical construction with specific experience in commissioning and start-up
- Understanding of design-build and EPC turnkey projects
- Ability to track and manage job costs
- Solid computer skills including project management, Primavera and all MS Office applications
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to develop and maintain mutually respectful and productive relationships with project personnel and owner representatives
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 is an asset
- Knowledge of Controls, refrigeration and system flow dynamics is an asset
Competency Requirements (Advanced to Expert Level)
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Coaches and Develops
- Maximizes Business Performance and Team Effectiveness
- Strategic Perspective
How to Apply:
Click on the link below to apply. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls or agencies, please. Internal candidates, advise your supervisor prior to applying.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!