The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company was established in 1896, in the small village of Wawanesa Manitoba. The venture began small, but quickly picked up speed as more policies were written. By 1960, The Wawanesa Life Insurance Company was established, and operations expanded to various provinces across Canada. Today, we conduct business all across Canada, California, and Oregon, and offer an assortment of property, auto, commercial, and life products. Our combined assets total more than 8 billion, and our annual premiums exceed 2 billion.
As a policyholder owned company we offer great stability, lots of opportunity for growth, and most importantly a work environment that is respectful, challenging and rewarding. We provide our employees with fully competitive compensation packages that include competitive salaries, profit sharing plan, education assistance, and extended health benefits. We are always looking for new talent, and are looking forward to hearing from you!
Supervisor, Property Claims
The incumbent provides front-line leadership to the Property Claims team in the Toronto Claims department, focusing on the achievement of key business goals and customer service standards.
- Assists with the selection of employees; monitors and encourages employee development; prepares and completes employee performance evaluations.
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of claims adjusters and assistants.
- Establishes and maintains service levels by organizing and/or monitoring work flow and setting priorities to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Responds to consumer concerns to reach a mutually agreed-upon solution.
- Conducts periodic review of claims files and provides feedback to adjusters on file handling and cost containment.
- Provides direction and leadership in areas such as; liability determination, investigation, policy interpretation, settlement negotiations, and establishment of reserves for claims.
- Extends settlement authority beyond individual limits when required.
- Examines and audits claims files and payments.
- Conducts training programs and communicates changes to guidelines, procedures or case law.
- Remains up-to-date with all changes to legislation and trends in the insurance industry.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5 - 7 years related adjusting experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- College or university degree is preferred.
- Active in or have completed the C.I.P. designation.
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a defined benefit pension plan). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today's challenging markets.
Join a Canadian success story! Consider this Toronto based opportunity!
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, please apply online.