About the Organization
The Heiltsuk Nation is a First Nations government in the Central Coast region of British Columbia in the community of Bella Bella.
The present-day Heiltsuk (formerly the Bella Bella) are the main descendents of Heiltsuk-speaking peoples who inhabited an area of approximately 6000 sq. miles in the central coastal region of what is today known as British Columbia.
About Bella Bella
The village of Bella Bella is on Campbell Island on the central coast of BC, approximately 200 km north of Vancouver Island.
The community has 1,500 people with full access to a large range of outdoor activities centered on the ocean, a daycare, elementary school, high school, hospital, BC Ferries route, airport, RCMP station.
Located on the north coast in the middle of the Great Bear Rain forest, this area is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy fishing, camping, kayaking, and whale watching.
About the Opportunity
The Heiltsuk Nation is seeking to fill a mid-level position for an Accounting Manager in Bella Bella, BC.
You will be directly responsible for processing month-end and year-end duties and supervising the finance staff.
More specifically, you will:
- Post weekly deposits;
- Review and post accounting batches;
- Complete month end including bank reconciliations, reviewing/reconciling balance sheet accounts, and preparing/inputing adjusting entries;
- Supervise, motivate and train finance staff;
- Prepare required government reports;
- Back up finance staff;
- Manage and maintain filing systems;
- Input data to the accounting system;
- Provide hardware and software support;
- Support the CFO in continuous process improvements and special projects as required; and
- Respond to managers, vendors and staff queries.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role that includes working in a supervisory capacity, preferably working within a First Nation’s organization. You must have completed an Accounting Designation or are working towards a designation. A relevant university degree or an equivalent amount of work experience is essential, as is a valid driver's license.
This role is well suited to an extremely organized and meticulous individual who has the ability to work under pressure and meet competing deadlines. Outstanding problem solving and communication skills are essential, as is proficiency using computers and programs such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Accpac or Adagio.
**Please note that to be eligible for this role you MUST be a Canadian Resident. Regrettably, International applicants WILL NOT be considered. You must be willing to undergo and pass a criminal records check.
About the Benefits
The Accounting Manager will be rewarded with a competitive salary of $60,000+ commensurate with qualifications/experience. The organization truly values its employees, and supports training and professional development in a casual team environment.
The Heiltsuk Nation offers a family friendly workplace, with fantastic working conditions and benefits, including:
- Full Benefits (Short, Long, Health, Extended Health and Pension)
- Regular Monday-Friday hours with occasional weekends
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- 1 additional week of paid designated holiday
- Paid Statutory Holidays
- Regularly scheduled social events
- Tuition assistance/Professional Development
- Relocation assistance and subsidized housing
- Travel benefits including two return fares a year to Vancouver
This position is an extremely satisfying and rewarding role giving you the chance to finish each working day knowing you have truly made a difference to your colleagues and the organization.
If you're looking for a leadership position that is guaranteed to provide you with satisfaction - Apply Now!
Please apply online at www.applyfirst.ca/job57577