Assists the Executive Housekeeper in managing housekeeping operations to include rooms, public areas, laundry and back of the house areas to achieve and maintain the hotel's high standard of cleanliness.
GUEST SERVICE ENTHUSIASTS
This is an exciting time for Delta Hotels and Resorts. Not only are we making big changes in every category of our business, we're setting big goals for 2014 and beyond. Our mission is to become the leader in the four-star, full-service hospitality segment.
We are declaring to our guests that they can EXPECT EVEN MORE!
In order for us to EXCEED our Guests expectations we need to ensure that we have the right colleagues who will understand the importance of offering even more!
The perfect candidate for this position will be:
- Self-assured - showing confidence in you and your teams ability to deliver even more
- Enthusiastic - obsessed with delivering more than what the Guests expected or needed
- Engaging - is curious about our guest and ways to go above and beyond
- Genuine - will personalize your approach to connect with all type of guests
- Thoughtful - will listen and anticipate your guests needs and discover ways to impress
- To oversee, guide, and direct all tasks that impact the Rooms Stayover process, from the guest arrival in the guestroom through to departure, ensuring standards are met and exceeded
- The ability to build genuine connections with guests while exceeding their expectations through being self-assured, enthusiastic, engaging, genuine and thoughtful
- Direct colleagues who clean, stock and maintain guestrooms, public areas, corridors, offices, rest rooms and conference meeting space
- Conducts regular inspections. Through regular inspections and coordination of teams, ensuring that all aspects of guestrooms and public areas are in working order and cleaned to the highest quality standards
- Responds quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken with follow-up to ensure guest expectations have been exceeded
- Lead and effectively communicate to the Housekeeping Team requirements of daily business, tour, and groups in the Hotel including VIP guests and those who have needs that require special attention
- Create and foster a positive, motivating work environment where there is focus on setting and working towards goals, career development, by coaching colleagues on a daily basis
- Assists with the recruitment, onboarding and training of new colleagues
- Assists with regular coaching and training of colleagues that will include timely Employee Development Reviews, regular One-on-One sessions and impactful departmental meetings
- Responsible for creating weekly schedules and daily labour input
- Leading a team where collaboration and innovation is a daily focus
SAFETY AND WELLNESS:
- Assist in developing and maintaining a safety culture within the department, ensuring active departmental participation, adherence, and awareness to Health & Safety standards
- Participates in regular Fire Drills and ensuring procedures are trained and executed with Housekeeping Team
- Role model and ambassador, always representing the Brand, Hotel and your team with the utmost professionalism modeling the core values
- Work towards continuous improvement and quality in all areas
- Follows company policies and procedures
- All other duties assigned
- Previous experience within a Hotel Housekeeping department is an asset
- Post-secondary education in hospitality or a related field a definite asset
- Ability to meet deadlines in a demanding environment
- Ability to work with a large, multicultural workforce
- Must be tactful, empathetic and consistent in decision making and managing policy
- Outstanding team player, able to motivate and support employees
- Technical skills should include experience in Windows and related hotel systems. Exposure to and familiarity with "Opera" a definite asset
- Demonstrated leadership ability and passion
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English
- Will be required to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
- May be required to be on call when away from work
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
Since supervising a group of colleagues and inspecting their work is the major responsibility of this position, the Housekeeping Supervisor spends a significant amount of their workday listening and speaking.
A great deal of time is spent inspecting rooms and public areas usually accomplished by walking to each area assigned, and communicating with colleagues.
The person in this position spends a significant amount of time utilizing problem solving, counseling, reasoning, motivating and training abilities.
Mathematical skills and reading abilities are used when preparing reports and reviewing the budget.
At times, a Housekeeping Supervisor will assist the house person or room attendants by helping to clean rooms or public areas. This will involve bending, stooping and stretching.
Carrying and/or lifting approximately 50 pounds and pushing and/or pulling approximately 200 pounds occurs frequently. Proper lifting techniques are required.