The Bell Person is primarily responsible for welcoming all guests to the hotel as well as bidding them farewell. The Bell Person escorts guests to and from their guest's rooms, orienting them with the features of the property and their accommodations. Other service opportunities include assisting guests find local points of interest, attending to group arrivals and departures, receive and deliver items and messages for guests, valet park and retrieve cars, handle guest complaints and requests and maintain luggage storage areas.
GUEST SERVICE ENTHUSIASTS
This is an exciting time for Delta Hotels and Resorts. Not only are we making big changes in every category of our business, we're setting big goals for 2014 and beyond. Our mission is to become the leader in the four-star, full-service hospitality segment.
We are declaring to our guests that they can EXPECT EVEN MORE!
In order for us to EXCEED our Guests expectations we need to ensure that we have the right colleagues who will understand the importance of offering even more!
The perfect candidate for this position will be:
- Self-assured - showing confidence in you and your teams ability to deliver even more
- Enthusiastic - obsessed with delivering more than what the Guests expected or needed
- Engaging - is curious about our guest and ways to go above and beyond
- Genuine - will personalize your approach to connect with all type of guests
- Thoughtful - will listen and anticipate your guests needs and discover ways to impress
- The ability to build genuine connections with guests while exceeding their expectations through being self-assured, enthusiastic, engaging, genuine and thoughtful.
- Escort guests to their guestroom while transporting their luggage. Check room to ensure that everything is in order, offer information regarding features of the room, services of the hotel and points of interest.
- Will collect luggage from guestrooms as required.
- Greets guests and provides city and Hotel information such as the location of shopping malls, attractions, and restaurants.
- Performs valet parking for guests and visitors.
- Stores luggage when guest's rooms are unavailable.
- Delivers newspapers, packages and other items required by guests.
- Delivers laundry to guests' rooms.
- Occasional cleaning and maintenance of lobby area.
- Orders limousines, taxis and rental cars for guests.
- Delivers messages for Switchboard and Front Desk department to guest rooms.
- Responds to telephone inquiries, giving out information and resolving problems.
- Able to lift 50lbs. on a regular basis
- Will be a role model and ambassador, always representing the Brand, Hotel and your team with the utmost professionalism modeling the core values.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships; support team to reach common goals; listen and responds appropriately to the concerns of colleagues.
- Will ensure that uniform and appearance is clean and tidy and will follow the grooming standards policy.
- Assists other team members in own, or other departments as required.
- Complies with Hotel policies and procedures.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by Management.
- Must be available to work shifts during weekdays, weekends and holidays.
SAFETY AND WELLNESS
- In emergency situations, becomes an Emergency Team Member to assist in the safe evacuation of the hotel.
- Works in compliance with company Safety & Wellness policies and procedures.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous condition/practice to a Supervisor.
- Will immediately report any worker injury/accident.
- Will wear the appropriate Personal Protective equipment as required.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Never operates any equipment, machines, device, uses an unfamiliar chemical or work process in a manner that will endanger him/herself, another worker, or a guest.
PHYSICAL AND COGNITIVE ACTIVITIES
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions but to give an understanding of the physical and cognitive requirements of the position.
The major responsibility in this position is to operate within the lobby area of the hotel. A significant portion of the day is spent standing and walking while providing a variety of hotel services for guests. During a shift a Bell person spends a great deal of time speaking and listening to guests and colleagues.
This position will be required to lift and carry up to 50lbs on a regular basis (at times may exceed 50lbs) . Lobby carts are used to transport luggage.
The Bell Person will be required to park and retrieve guest's cars. Ability to drive both automatic and standard cars.
There will be some requirements to work on a computer and this person must also be able to type and use a key board.
This position utilizes problem solving and reasoning abilities often.
Reading and writing abilities are utilized often while providing a variety of services to the guests.
Education/ Experience: High School diploma or equivalent and some customer service experience. University/Colleague diploma in Hospitality and/or previous Hotel experience is considered an asset.
Certification and/or License Requirement: Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to drive automatic and standard vehicles
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Will be required to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work in fast paced and occasional stressful environment.
- May be asked to work overtime.
- Will be required to stand for long periods of time.