We build your city and keep it running. SM
When you join HD Supply, not only do you join one of the largest industrial distributors in North America, but you also become part of a strong family where you can Build Your Best Life!
With a diverse portfolio of industry-leading businesses, HD Supply provides a broad-range of products and services to approximately 500,000 customers in the Infrastructure and Power, Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) and Specialty Construction market sectors.
By partnering with top manufacturers to maintain an unparalleled sourcing pipeline, we provide our customers with unmatched access to the products and solutions they need to succeed, leveraging our robust assortment of approximately one million SKUs to deliver quality, name-brand and proprietary products at competitive prices.
With more than 600 locations across 46 states and nine Canadian provinces, HD Supply's 15,000 associates provide customers with what they need, where they need it, when they need it.
Come Build Your Best Life with us!
Inside Industrial Sales Representative / Delivery Driver
Job Location: Burnaby, BC
HD Supply Canada Inc.
8061 Loughheed Hwy, Unit 160
Burnaby, BC V5A 1W9 / 604-205-9400
Responsible for managing counter sales, customer relations, and customer deliveries
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Orders products, arranges delivery, contacts customers regarding delivery and updates customers on order status
- Takes special orders and keep customers updated on progress
- Acts as liaison between warehouse supervisor and customers
- Ensures purchase orders are completed. Pulls orders as required
- Answers telephones and ensures counters are properly stocked
- Will drive delivery van to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations in order to complete tasks
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction
- Seeks advice and guidance on non routine or problem areas from supervisor
- Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment
- Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor
- Occasional heavy lifting as required
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must have valid driver's licence and able to provide driver's abstract
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years of experience in area of responsibility
- Industry experience considered an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of machines and tools, (product knowledge) would be considered an asset
- Forklift experience would be considered an asset
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results
Click here to apply