4703 Regional Road 15
PO Box 5197
Chelmsford, ON P0M 1L0
Company Contact Details
About the Organization
B&D Manufacturing is a progressive Canadian company specializing in the design and manufacturing of OEM products. Since its establishment in 1980, the B&D product line has expanded to include products designed to support equipment for mines and mills, open pit trucks, open pit shovels and construction
The company prides itself on supporting a wide variety of clients, often providing custom design fabrication and manufacturing, and on-site repair and rebuild services. Quality and superior customer service is always paramount when it comes to B&D’s corporate goal.
Living and Working in The Greater City of Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
B&D Manufacturing’s main facility is located in The Greater City of Sudbury, Ontario. In the immediate area, you will find 330 lakes and dozens of accessible nature experiences. You can’t help but be attracted to the four beautiful seasons and the outdoors.
Sudbury also offers attractions, museums, galleries and annual festivals to celebrate our rich history and multicultural diversity. Home of Northern Ontario’s most popular attraction, Science North, here you’ll find hands-on science for every member of the family, along with a 3D IMAX theatre and a new state-of-the-art Digital Planetarium. You can step in time to the Big Drum at an Aboriginal pow wow. You can also munch blueberry perogies and kettle corn at Downtown Market Square, our local Farmer’s Market.
There is plenty to do year round for you and your family. For more information about living in the area visit www.greatdersudbury.ca
About the Opportunity
Currently, B&D Manufacturing is seeking a full-time, permanent Operations Manager to join their office in Chelmsford, ON.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will plan, organize, direct and control the day-to-day operations to achieve departmental and facility objectives, while following applicable processes and procedures and safety standards.
Specifically, you will:
- Implement and maintain an efficient scheduling system that will help to meet or exceed the companies on time delivery, customer satisfaction and service objectives;
- Oversee activities directly related to the manufacture and supply of products and services;
- Manage the movement of finished products and materials in and out of the facility;
- Organizing and delegate work responsibility to maintain operational standards and efficiency;
- Provide leadership direction, instruction, guidance and supervision to ensure that operational goals, objectives and policies are maintained;
- Develop and implement new business strategies to improve overall performance;
- Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if necessary;
- Meet regularly with department heads/business unit leaders and facilitate resolution of issues/problems between business units and/or departments;
- Determine staffing requirements and oversee the interview, hiring and training of new employees, with the assistance of the company’s human resources department;
- Mentor staff and assisting staff with solving issues;
- Ensure consistent application of the performance evaluation program, and support performance improvement initiatives;
- Maintain a positive and cooperative work environment by implementing programs that boost morale and encourage effective team work;
- Identify training needs and training delivery options;
- Enable teamwork and collaboration through information sharing meetings with all departments;
- Perform budget preparation and monitoring of all department costs;
- Monitor financial performance to ensure the departments are meeting or exceeding budgetary commitment;
- Analyze customer concerns and present options to solve their issue;
- Ensure that all compliance procedures are in place and all safety procedures/regulations are followed;
- Provide planning and forecasting to allow for the adequate approvals for the departments under your control.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives and procedures, conferring with the executive members, management team and staff as necessary;
- Develop and present plans for capital projects including manufacturing equipment.
To be successful in this dynamic role, you should have a degree or diploma (preferably in a business management field) from a recognized University or College, along with 10 or more years of previous management experience in a manufacturing environment.
You will be a strong communicator who has highly developed leadership abilities and the capability to supervise, guide and mentor staff with a positive attitude and a strong focus on operations and business processes.
You must have direct work experience through Lean Manufacturing philosophies such as Kaizen, Kanban, and 5S principles to assist with overall production efficiencies. A training certificate which deems your competency level in the lean manufacturing philosophies will be required. You must also have at least 5 years of direct working experience with the MRP system named JobBOSS (exact). Experience in an ISO environment is essential. Having at least 5 years of direct working experience with the MRP system named JobBOSS (exact) would be a definite asset.
The capacity to identify key issues and creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles is essential, as is an effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
A clear and solid understanding of personnel policies, practices, and procedures and other operational issues faced by the organization will be essential to your success, as will be strong analytical thinking abilities and excellent planning, prioritization, execution, negotiation, and people management skills.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work, successful candidates will enjoy a competitive salary of $90,000 - $140,000, and great benefits including:
- 100% Medical/Dental coverage
- Long-Term Disability
- Company paid Pension Plan!
- Comprehensive in-house training program
- Annual socials including BBQs, a Christmas Party, Golf Tournaments, and more!
That's not all! By joining B&D, you will be joining a team of highly skilled professionals who understand the importance of adhering to health and safety regulations. You'll also benefit from working in an invigorating work environment where no two days are the same.
Please note: B&D Manufacturing is flexible with start dates.
If you are a passionate, driven professional looking for a rewarding career with a dynamic organization - Apply Now!
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A 3RD PARTY RECRUITMENT PROCESS. BY SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION, IT WILL BE RECEIVED DIRECTLY BY THE HIRING MANAGER AT B&D MANUFACTURING.
Please apply online at www.applyfirst.ca/job53724