Reporting to the Manager, Engineering Services and working with personnel from the Aggregates, Industrial Minerals, Concrete, Concrete Pipe and Cement operations, this position responsible for managing the design and construction of various projects within Western Canada and Washington State.
- Management and direction of identified projects
- Provide input and support for conceptual and preliminary design
- Supervision of detail design of projects
- Assist with the justification for capital investments
- Management of equipment selection and project construction
- Ensure compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures including implementation of Group guidelines, completion of required training, and monitoring compliance
- Proactively manage safety and health of employees to continuously improve the company's safety and health performance
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Mechanical or Process Engineering, or Degree in Civil Engineering with a strong mechanical aptitude
- 3 - 5 years' experience in heavy industry, experience in bulk material handling is an asset
- Competency with CAD
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, problem solving, strategic thinking, decision making, and organizational skills
- Must be able to travel within Western Canada and Washington State
Benefits and Compensation:
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels.
The Employee Referral Program is available to all employees. Employees have the opportunity to earn $500.00 for referring a qualified external candidate, provided the conditions of the policy are met.
Across Western Canada and Washington State, Lehigh Hanson Materials Limited has been creating custom solutions in the heavy building industry for over 100 years.
Lehigh Hanson is one of the world's leading heavy building materials companies with over 14,000 employees in North America.
HeidelbergCement is the global leader in aggregates and has leading positions in cement, concrete and heavy building products.