This Design Engineer Position Features:
- Great Pay to $85K
Responsible for design and development of components, assemblies, integrated modules and fixtures. Must be able to interface with several divisions and suppliers in overall design and engine components and modules.
- Design concepts up to details/final drawings including tolerances/fits, GD&T specifications, dimensional stacks and surface finishes.
- Process new jobs for quotations and prepare all design and development information for APQP process
- Specifies requests and coordinates all sub-contracted work and assures timely completion
- Records detailed tolerance to support the design of robust and reliable products
- Supports testing and validation department by specific test requirements and ensuring tests are completed
- Attends meetings with customers (respect to launches/design)
Initiates plans and idea's for cost reduction and/or quality improvement measures
- Responsible for all pertinent drawings and parts list
- Bachelor of Science or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years of related experience in Automotive Design
- Proficient with CATIA, SRDC Ideas and or UG
- Ability to design 3D CAD models as well as 2D detailed engineering prints
- Knowledge of ANSI, SAE, QS-9000/TS 16949, DFMEA, DVP&R and GD&T, QFD, VE/VA, DOE, PFMEA, DFM/DFA/DFS and supporting tools
To apply for this position email your resume to NorthYork@profitexec.com referencing DEPP in the subject line, or call (416) 250-5022. If this position is not exactly what you are looking for, please contact our office directly to discuss your career goals and what you are looking for. Not all positions are advertised, so other suitable positions may be available.