Work at SMART Technologies, and you will be part of a team that redefines the way the world works and learns. SMART creates leading edge collaborative solutions for both the education and enterprise markets. We are connected, curious and courageous. Join us and work for a true technology company where your ideas can make a difference.
SMART is recruiting a Compensation & Benefits Analyst for its Calgary office.
Reporting to the Manager, Total Rewards and Employee Health, you will participate in the administration and evolution of compensation and benefit programs globally, including plan administration functions, research and analysis, and the management and support of related policies, programs and initiatives.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Conducting market research and analysis, job evaluations, participating in various surveys, collecting internal and external data, and other analysis to provide input and recommendations on the organization's compensation and benefit programs.
- Staying current on applicable compensation laws, regulations, and best practices globally to ensure compliance and efficiency.
- Developing and maintaining strong partnerships with internal stakeholders in support of business objectives
- Reviewing and coordinating employee communication materials, including enrollment material, employee handbook and benefits awareness campaigns, and presenting benefit information in orientation sessions
- Maintaining the external relationships with insurers, consultants and other partners.
- Planning and coordinating the annual salary review and bonus payment processes; works with internal and external auditors as required.
- Providing information and clarification to employees on compensation, benefits and insurance program inquiries. Resolves issues with claims and coverage.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate payment of benefit premiums, consultant fees, etc., and balancing with payroll reports
You have the following qualifications:
- Related post-secondary education in a related certificate, diploma or degree program or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of experience working with benefit plan and compensation program administration.
- Demonstrated ongoing coursework and professional development activities in related fields.
- Results-oriented person with a proven ability to meet or exceed deadlines, with a strong attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and work effectively with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft® Office skills (Excel, Word)
- Ability to multitask, set priorities and work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Demonstrated good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information
To apply for this position, please visit smarttech.com/careers, and choose competition IRC15795 from our list of current positions.