About the Organization
Unison Construction Management Ltd is a one of British Columbia’s most respected and fastest growing Commercial Design and Construction Management companies. Established in 1991 and servicing the greater Vancouver area, we are a turnkey solutions provider specializing in:
- Pre-Lease Assessments (Space Planning and Budgeting)
- Interior Design Services
- Construction Management Methodology
- Sustainable Practices
Having doubled our sales in the last year, our recent growth and success is no accident. With a strong strategic vision and a team comprised of the best in the business, we are an employer of choice with a big and bright future.
For more information about us, please visit www.unisoncm.com
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Construction Superintendent to join our team of exceptional professionals in Vancouver, BC.
As our next Construction Superintendent you will be chiefly responsible for running one of our exciting projects in the commercial, hospitality and light industrial sectors. This dynamic and fast-paced role will encompass plenty of varied tasks, including:
- To plan and supervise the construction of all projects assigned, to ensure that safety, profitability, quality, schedules, and Owner/Architect relationships are all maintained at acceptable levels;
- Provide overall leadership for on-site field administration, supervision and technical management for all construction operations, including direct supervision of subcontractors, and other construction related personnel;
- Direct, plan, coordinate and execute key projects of work on time, and within budget, attaining or exceeding profit goals, maintaining a safe work place, promoting and enhancing client relationships and the company image;
- Assist Preconstruction and Project Management to develop an initial project schedule and communicate sequence and schedule updates to all subcontractors and vendors;
- Develop, maintain, and enforce a project site logistics plan and temporary facilities plan;
- Develop, implement, maintain, and enforce a project site specific safety program in accordance with Policies and Procedures;
- Actively participate and/or lead post-bid, Owner/Architect/Contractor, coordination, lead team, subcontractor, staff, scheduling, and progress meetings;
- Develop, implement, maintain, and enforce a project specific quality assurance and workmanship program to include all subcontractors;
- Participate with the Project Manager in issuance of monthly progress report, monthly payment applications, anticipated cost report, and other financial cost reports.
- In coordination with the Project Manager develop general conditions budget, and through labor cost reporting manage and control the budget;
- Perform and monitor all jobsite control reporting measures including daily reports, payroll, quantity reporting, accident and incident reports, and timesheets;
- Working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, contract with Owner, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and all other project related documents, and maintain a complete and accurate set of as-builts;
- Review and provide feedback on all purchase orders and subcontracts;
- Perform a qualitative review of all contract documents for potential conflicts or interpretation issues to mitigate risk;
- Ensure timely project completion through project scheduling, expediting of material deliveries and the management of material and document submittals/approvals;
- Ensure that all requirements of insurance, safety, labor relations, and Equal Employment Opportunities are met;
- Understand all trade contractor’s means and methods in accordance with project contract documents;
- Coordinate daily construction activities within existing operating facilities;
- Proactively identify and solve problems to minimize risk; and
- Review, approve, and code subcontractor and vendor payment applications and miscellaneous invoices.
To be successful in this role, you will have a Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related technical accreditation. In addition, you will have a minimum 7-10 years of experience as a Superintendent, overseeing commercial construction projects.
Our ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter with outstanding organizational and leadership skills. You will be a flexible, adaptable and a tech-savvy individual with strong working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and Microsoft Projects. Experience with Timberline is an asset and travel will be a requirement of the role.
A proven track record of managing successful projects, or the potential to manage large, single construction projects/ phases and multiple Superintendents, is essential. This will include demonstrated knowledge of all relevant policies and processes, as well as mastery of certain skills, including:
- Managing site activity;
- Labour relations;
- Anticipating and resolving field related issues;
- Establishing and enforcing site schedule requirements; and
- Managing site safety and insurance risks.
Although we are a corporate company, we operate as a close-knit team. As such, we are looking for a collaborative team player with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. You will bring honesty and integrity to the role, as well as a strong work ethic and professional attitude which positively represents the interests of the team. Entrepreneurial drive and a thirst for growth and development is important as the right candidate will be included in the succession planning. This is not just a new job – this is the next big step in your career!
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a highly attractive salary of $70,000 - $90,000, based on experience.
Other benefits include:
- Extended Medical and Dental;
- 3 weeks annual vacation;
- Company cell phone and laptop;
- $1,000 training and development fund.
Our social company culture recognizes and rewards our employees with a comfortable, safe and modern working environment. Monthly team lunches, casual Fridays, and regular social events create a friendly and harmonious team. We understand that work/life balance is important so we offer a flexible working schedule, as well as excellent opportunities for training and professional development.
If you are a committed and motivated individual looking for your next big challenge, look no further – Apply Now!
Please apply online at www.applyfirst.ca/job57433