Clinical Supervisor – Emergency
Status: Full Time (12 hr Day/Evening Shifts – subject to change)
File Number: UN EX – 1400000245
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Clinical Supervisor, Emergency reports to the Patient Care Manager, Emergency Department. The successful candidate will hold a supervisory role in the clinical area and be responsible for ensuring all resources are aligned to deliver high quality, safe and consistent patient care on daily basis.
- A healthcare professional with a Baccalaureate degree in a health-related discipline (Masters in Nursing/Health Administration preferred);
- licensed member in good standing with a related professional college;
- significant recent experience as a regulated health care professional in an Emergency Department (of which 1-2 years of consistent development in a leadership capacity);
- proven flexibility, organized and self-directed within scope of responsibility;
- proven initiative and independent judgement;
- effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation conflict management/resolution and presentation skills;
- demonstrated ability to multi-task, problem solve with proven critical and creative thinking skills;
- proven evidence of ongoing education (e.g., workshops, seminars, etc.) and upgrading of skills and knowledge;
- proven capacity to quickly gain credibility through personal style,
- demonstrated knowledge and professionalism and proven capacity to nurture and mentor others;
- knowledge of hospital nursing functions and current trends in nursing and health care;
- demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service education in this area
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Corporation's policies and procedures.
Lakeridge Health thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are qualified for the above position, please apply online:
**Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Lakeridge Health’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.