Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities. To request any accommodations you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms) contact email@example.com to discuss your needs.
Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment. For further information, visit: World Education Services
Sheridan is looking for outstanding individuals to join our faculty team in the post graduate program in Game Level Design. The one-year graduate certificate program offers students applied real-world skill development and class work focusing on case studies, simulations and lab projects. The successful candidate will be skilled at instructing students in the specific areas of game level design.
Sheridan seeks part-time professors to teach the following course:
Fall semester (September – December)
- Cinematography, Sound, Story and Character Integration, GAME 55586
Course outlines may be obtained through Sheridan’s web site at:
Sheridan professors are responsible for developing an effective learning environment for students while respecting their diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences, and individual learning styles.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Designing, revising, and updating of course material in consultation with the program coordinator, other faculty members, advisory committees, and potential employers and students;
- Defining, evaluating and validating learning outcomes;
- Designing appropriate strategies and tools for assessing student learning;
- Developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations and incorporating technology into the learning process where applicable.
- Masters in a related field of study required;
- Three to five years related professional experience;
- Excellent game design skills;
- Knowledge of programming and scripting for games required;
- Demonstrated body of accomplishments in the game industry;
- Experience in teaching and curriculum development at the post-secondary level or equivalent experience as a trainer in industry preferred;
- Strong network of contacts with other professionals in the game industry;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to working within a team environment.
Employee Group: Part Time
Faculty: Animation, Arts & Design
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference #: 14/PT/24
Salary Range: Based on relevant educational qualifications and experience
Application Deadline: Open until filled